DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 10 First ... 678910 Last
    Hi All, I'm playing with DORCore...I see the Dicehalp command, but cannot get this command to work, despite trying several variations: "AdN! - Roll A lots of N-sided dice and explode each die on the highest possible result" What do I type into the chat window? For example, I want to roll 2d6 or 3d6 and explode all sixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithalwulf View Post
    Hi All, I'm playing with DORCore...I see the Dicehalp command, but cannot get this command to work, despite trying several variations: "AdN! - Roll A lots of N-sided dice and explode each die on the highest possible result" What do I type into the chat window? For example, I want to roll 2d6 or 3d6 and explode all sixes.
    Any dice rolling works as part of the "Universal Die Roller" as mentioned in post #1.

So, you should type in the chat window: /die 2d6! for example.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Okay! Got it! Thanks, Trenloe! Next question: In MoreCore, they have a d10 percentile option, which rolls the tens digit and the ones digit (when you right-click on the d10). Does DORCore have that ability built in?

Quote Originally Posted by Mithalwulf View Post
    Okay! Got it! Thanks, Trenloe! Next question: In MoreCore, they have a d10 percentile option, which rolls the tens digit and the ones digit (when you right-click on the d10). Does DORCore have that ability built in?
    Yes it does - via the d10 -> Custom -> % option. Although there seems to be an issue with it in this release - it raises an error.

You can also use /die 1d100
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Tren - my typing ability is restricted at the moment (surgery on my arm) so thanks for jumping in with the answers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Apologies for the much-delayed response, I've been held up by real life.

My thanks for the welcome, and continued gratitude for all you do on this project.

Per chance in regards to syntax on the dice and other modules, will we have the option of customising them via an option (limitedly), or enabling/disabling the modules we do/do not need?
    I imagine this would be likely quite difficult to do (if not impossible with Fantasy Ground's current setup), given that the ruleset I suspect needs to be distributed to our players, once implemented?

I greatly look forward to seeing upcoming progress and wish you the best of a speedy and painless healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallant View Post
    Apologies for the much-delayed response, I've been held up by real life.

My thanks for the welcome, and continued gratitude for all you do on this project.

Per chance in regards to syntax on the dice and other modules, will we have the option of customising them via an option (limitedly), or enabling/disabling the modules we do/do not need?
    I imagine this would be likely quite difficult to do (if not impossible with Fantasy Ground's current setup), given that the ruleset I suspect needs to be distributed to our players, once implemented?

I greatly look forward to seeing upcoming progress and wish you the best of a speedy and painless healing.
    Thankyou (re: the healing)

Why would you want to disable some of the DOE-like functionality - why not simply ignore them, and if you don't want their buttons to appear on the Menubar, why dont you use the standard FG Librabry Button functionality to turn off their display (which works for the large buttons, but not the small buttons - yet)?

What kind of options/customizing of the UDR (& other DOE-like functionality) were you thinking about?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

That is a fair point, and thank you for illuminating that. I hadn't considered that, given the lateness I had written that in, and was not entirely coherent. For that I apologise. I personally could ignore them, however was mainly wondering if my players too would see them -- I wouldn't want them to get confused if we didn't use one of the modules (I'm not saying we would or wouldn't).

As for options on the UDR, perhaps giving an option to toggle between R20 syntax (to attract new people to Fantasy Grounds, by potentially eliminating one of the major differences) and the syntax you have presently. Alternatively (or optionally) may as another idea consider a /roll command, if you haven't to go in sync with the /die command, as an alias.

These are in no way "you should do these", my sincere apologies if they ever came off that way. Merely suggestions to bolster an already outstanding effort. In truth, from what I can see you may well be setting a new precedent here -- something that many Fantasy Grounds extension creators can learn or grow from building on top of. Thank you for that.

Blog Entries
    That is a fair point, and thank you for illuminating that. I hadn't considered that, given the lateness I had written that in, and was not entirely coherent. For that I apologise. I personally could ignore them, however was mainly wondering if my players too would see them -- I wouldn't want them to get confused if we didn't use one of the modules (I'm not saying we would or wouldn't).

As for options on the UDR, perhaps giving an option to toggle between R20 syntax (to attract new people to Fantasy Grounds, by potentially eliminating one of the major differences) and the syntax you have presently. Alternatively (or optionally) may as another idea consider a /roll command, if you haven't to go in sync with the /die command, as an alias.

These are in no way "you should do these", my sincere apologies if they ever came off that way. Merely suggestions to bolster an already outstanding effort. In truth, from what I can see you may well be setting a new precedent here -- something that many Fantasy Grounds extension creators can learn or grow from building on top of. Thank you for that.
    apologies posting on wrong thread! doh!

No offence taken

I'm actually going to re-work the diecodes to more closely match the Roll20 ones in a future release, and I like the idea of /roll being an alias for /die - so thank you for that idea.

I think the esiet thing to do re: your players is turn off the buttons from displaying - just like we do now for those systems we don't use in our existing games.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Thread Information