STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 10 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by TriOpticon View Post
    Thanks.

Am I reading some of the die commands wrong under the Target Number section? I know that doesn't match 2d20 system but I was trying different things...

When I do /diecode-help one of the Target Number entries is
    AdN-tB Roll A lots of N-sided dice and report a Success if the total <= B

Is that - not there or is it something else that my eyes can't discern? I see the same but with a + and it also gives the error.
    That might be a typo - let me check and I'll get back to you.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Taking the alignment quiz ...

Script Error: [string "DOEAlignmentGraph/Scripts/lsAGManager.lua"]:247: getChild: Invalid argument
    I'll check it out - thanks for letting me know
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Dulux-Oz,

Redirecting this from a question a a couple of months ago, in the GURPS forum. I think we lost (it was attributed to a core change), the ability to apply an effect to the current actor's target (shift + apply, I think). Will DORCore have that functionality?
    Last edited by seycyrus; February 20th, 2018 at 01:54.

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Dulux-Oz,

Redirecting this from a question a a couple of months ago, in the GURPS forum. I think we lost (it was attributed to a core change), the ability to apply an effect to the current actor's target (shift + apply, I think). Will DORCore have that functionality?
    First I'm aware of it, so the honest answer is "I don't know". I'll have to look into things (with Ronnke's help) and then decide if its viable to include it (or Ronnke might find its worth putting it in GURPs) - so the best answer I can give right now is "maybe" and/or the previous "I don't know".
    Last edited by dulux-oz; February 20th, 2018 at 02:41.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Hi All,

A new version of the DORCore (v0.9.2) has just been placed on Post #1. This version fixes Issues #31, #47 and #52.

Issue #31 was around the Dice Tower.

Note that Issue #47 was not a typo and that the OP was correct - it was broken code (now fixed).

Issue #53 was a bug in the Alignment Graph - this has also been fixed in the DOE: Alignment Graph Extension.

Thanks to all for trying this out and helping to find those pesky bugs - I look forward to more Bug Reports and Suggestion as we move forward

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Hi All,

A new version of the DORCore (v0.9.3) has just been placed on Post #1. This version adds some graphic buttons/control to ivoke Exploding Dice, Pool Dice and Target Numbers.

As always, if people spot any issues/bugs and/or have any suggestions, please post here.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Howdy. Doing some testing for the viability and advantages/disadvantages of moving my Shadow of the Demon Lord game from current MoreCore to DORCore. A couple questions have come up...

1. Is there any intention of including a Rolls feature similar to what is in MoreCore? If there is something comparable already can you point me to where it is located.

2. Banes and Boons rolls can be handled by the Universal Dice Roller AdNk I think is the roll for boons (Roll xd6 and keep the highest...banes xd6 and keep highest). These are then used to modify your d20 roll up or down by the amount of the highest die. MoreCore /bane and /boon rolls move the total to the Modifier Tool automatically. Is there a way to accomplish this with the Universal Die Roller?

3. The rolls section on NPCs accepts lines like "sword 1d20+4; sword 1d6+2;" and becomes a clickable roll. It doesn't seem to recognize diecode rolls "boons 2d6k; sword 1d20+4; sword 1d6+2;" Is this something it can do or will do in the future?

I realize this is still fairly early in development and still being worked on. Just trying to wrap my around it. Look very cool so far.

Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    Howdy. Doing some testing for the viability and advantages/disadvantages of moving my Shadow of the Demon Lord game from current MoreCore to DORCore.
    Another (possible) option is instead of moving from MoreCore you could try to convince damned to make DORCore a parent Ruleset to MoreCore - that should give you (and everyone else) the best of both worlds.

A couple questions have come up...

1. Is there any intention of including a Rolls feature similar to what is in MoreCore? If there is something comparable already can you point me to where it is located.
    Not quite sure what you're asking here. I you are talking about Manual Dice Rolling that can then be entered into FG, then that's functionality that exists in the CoreRPG and so is also avalible in DORCore, MoreCore and all the other Rulesets that are based on CoreRPG. If you are talking about something else, then I'll need some further clarification, please.

2. Banes and Boons rolls can be handled by the Universal Dice Roller AdNk I think is the roll for boons (Roll xd6 and keep the highest...banes xd6 and keep highest). These are then used to modify your d20 roll up or down by the amount of the highest die. MoreCore /bane and /boon rolls move the total to the Modifier Tool automatically. Is there a way to accomplish this with the Universal Die Roller?
    Yes, a "/die Ad6k" slash command will roll "A" lots of "d6" and keep the highest (also available to be done via graphical controls on the desktop - comming Soon(TM) ). Moving these automatically to the ModStack (or anywhere else, for that matter) is not yet able to be done, but there are a couple of use-cases for this functionality so I am looking into it. How soon? Unknown at this time.

3. The rolls section on NPCs accepts lines like "sword 1d20+4; sword 1d6+2;" and becomes a clickable roll. It doesn't seem to recognize diecode rolls "boons 2d6k; sword 1d20+4; sword 1d6+2;" Is this something it can do or will do in the future?
    No, the string parser (or string-reader, if you prefer) that turns those strings into a die-roll doesn't yet call on the extended string-parser that implements all the extra die-codes introduced in DORCore. It is something that I plan to do, but I've got to get the "basic" die-codes and graphic rolls sorted properly first, then I can include the extra. So, at the moment, no, but sometime in the future - well, yes, because my own Rulesets need the functionality

I realize this is still fairly early in development and still being worked on. Just trying to wrap my around it. Look very cool so far.
    Thank you - one of the reasons I pushed it out whjile it was still a beta-product was to get some useful feedback on what people wanted to do / to see in their games and in their Rulesets - so thanks.

As a side note / explanation / clarification: The issue I had with the MoreCore dice handling functions was that each specific dice-mechanic ended up with its own dice-handling function (or, at least, that's how it seems to work from looking at the code). The approach I took with the DORCore was to come up with a way to have a single function (well, actually, a single set of interrelated functions - good coding practice ) to do the work for all of the possible dice-mechanics. I "pushed" all the dice-code "down" and made it "generic" in the same way that the CoreRPG does for most of the various RPGs out there - thus making it easy for others to build upon DORCore (including myself for other Rulesets) and gain the functionality in DORCore for their own Rulesets (the UDR, the DOE-functionality and others). Now, obviously, while I've covered most of the dice-mechanics, there are still a few out there that still need to be worked on.

On the other-hand, how MoreCore handles the different Character Sheets, etc, is a great idea, and I believe that damned has done a great job - so much so that I'd be reluctant to move an existing game from MoreCore to DORCore - and why I said above about convincing damned to make MoreCorea child-Ruleset of DORCore - and why I encourage other Community Devs to do the same thing.

In short, I don't see DORCore and MoreCore as being in competition with each other, but instead in complimenting each other (if MoreCore chooses to done that way)

So I hope that answers all your questions. If not, then ask away

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Yeah I think ideally a MoreCore/DORCore fusion would work best for until (hopefully) I can or someone else more able creates a more specific SotDL ruleset.

I am at work and unable to fire up FG to screenshot anything...but basically MoreCore has a Rolls side button that lets you define Rolls with a name, a diecode, and a field for information. I use this for putting Ancestries, Talents, Spells, Paths, etc. If this still makes no sense I will have to respond later when I have access to my PC.

I kind of figured the other things I asked about were not implemented. But I wanted to a) make sure of that and b) make you aware of the desire for them if you weren't already.

Thanks,
    Hans

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    As a side note / explanation / clarification: The issue I had with the MoreCore dice handling functions was that each specific dice-mechanic ended up with its own dice-handling function (or, at least, that's how it seems to work from looking at the code). The approach I took with the DORCore was to come up with a way to have a single function (well, actually, a single set of interrelated functions - good coding practice ) to do the work for all of the possible dice-mechanics. I "pushed" all the dice-code "down" and made it "generic" in the same way that the CoreRPG does for most of the various RPGs out there - thus making it easy for others to build upon DORCore (including myself for other Rulesets) and gain the functionality in DORCore for their own Rulesets (the UDR, the DOE-functionality and others). Now, obviously, while I've covered most of the dice-mechanics, there are still a few out there that still need to be worked on.

For Ubiquity style games, you need a math operator call to an odd/even function so that success can be determined on a die based on its odd or even status.. Its weird die mechanic..
    but it is used that way in not only Exile Games(Ubiquity) Hollow Earth game but also Clockwork Publishing's Space 1889 game.

Thanks for everything that you do...

Thread Information