DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Movement

Movement

Hi folks,

I have noticed that when moving tokens about the map it is coming up with 5.5 or 3.7...

I find this very annoying how do I turn it off for my Savage Worlds games?
    GMD Core RPG
    Savage worlds
    Basic roleplaying
    Age of Rebellion & Edge of Empire
    D&D 5th Ed
    Gurps

Ultimate licence user.

Purchase GMD CORE RPG Here:
    https://www.gmdonline.co.uk/shop/

Do you mean that moment and range distance does not show as only integers now? The calculation had to be made more precise because the movement is not equal to all directions. Previously you were able to move diagonally further due only integer calculation. This especially affected Ranged modifier and Ganging Up cluster calculation and have misinformation about the situation. The new calculation added 0.5 and 0.2 precisions to be more informative and remove the unfair moment.

Note that these precisions are only shown when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Draeus View Post
    Hi folks,

I have noticed that when moving tokens about the map it is coming up with 5.5 or 3.7...

I find this very annoying how do I turn it off for my Savage Worlds games?
    Last edited by Ikael; February 1st, 2018 at 08:10.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Hi Ikael,

Yes Range and Movement shows in decimal when moving diagonal...

I just want to use Integer and really don't care if they have moved sideways, backwards or diagonal, move the token 6 spaces and I'm happy as a GM.

So there is no way of turning off the decimal? There is no decimal calculations in Savage Worlds. I see why it's added but my group does find it a pain. Especially the less technical minded... Don't ask! LoL

I have noticed that ganging up bonus isn't being added either, currently using Savage Worlds 4.5. I have it set to automatically apply in the settings. Also sometimes the Joker Bonus isn't added too, yet in other campaigns it is. In all I set it up to automatically add the bonus.

But, My main worry is to get rid of the decimal which isn't needed in our games. Thought there might be a setting to turn it on or off.
    GMD Core RPG
    Savage worlds
    Basic roleplaying
    D&D 5th Ed
    Gurps

Ultimate licence user.

There is no option to turn it off but simple extension would do the work. I can craft it for you during this weekend. Good feedback. I will see if this can be improved somehow too deliver value to everyone.

About automated modifiers, I would need copy of your case campaign and step by step instruction what did you do to see the effect

Hi Ikael,

Yes Range and Movement shows in decimal when moving diagonal...

I just want to use Integer and really don't care if they have moved sideways, backwards or diagonal, move the token 6 spaces and I'm happy as a GM.

So there is no way of turning off the decimal? There is no decimal calculations in Savage Worlds. I see why it's added but my group does find it a pain. Especially the less technical minded... Don't ask! LoL

I have noticed that ganging up bonus isn't being added either, currently using Savage Worlds 4.5. I have it set to automatically apply in the settings. Also sometimes the Joker Bonus isn't added too, yet in other campaigns it is. In all I set it up to automatically add the bonus.

But, My main worry is to get rid of the decimal which isn't needed in our games. Thought there might be a setting to turn it on or off.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Ok I can help where ever.. I will try to recreate the steps and send you a detailed info...

Let me know what files you need too, anything I can do to help. .Thanks!
    GMD Core RPG
    Savage worlds
    Basic roleplaying
    D&D 5th Ed
    Gurps

Ultimate licence user.

If you can zip your campaign's folder and deliver to me that will do. Next I would need to know in what situation the modifiers did not apply, ie against what opponents, what factions were used for them and what were attackers?

Ok I can help where ever.. I will try to recreate the steps and send you a detailed info...

Let me know what files you need too, anything I can do to help. .Thanks!

Cheers Ikael...

I sent a message regarding the factions etc.. I had forgotten to change them to Hostile.. school boy error!

But there is a campaign that is not adding any Joker bonus... So I have zipped that up... How do I send it to you?

After the past few savage games.. it's agreed we'd love a quick extension to not have the decimal movement.. cheers

Draeus
    GMD Core RPG
    Savage worlds
    Basic roleplaying
    D&D 5th Ed
    Gurps

Ultimate licence user.

Here is the extension that shows distances as integer. I am leaning more to make this official change in v4.6 after seeing decimals too many times
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ikael; February 10th, 2018 at 22:55.

Thank you Ikael!
    GMD Core RPG
    Savage worlds
    Basic roleplaying
    D&D 5th Ed
    Gurps

Ultimate licence user.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    Here is the extension that shows distances as integer. I am leaning more to make this official change in v4.6 after seeing decimals too many times
    Works for me!

Thread Information