FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 62 of 110 First ... 1252606162636472 ... Last
    Space map from Temple of the Twelve is facing the wrong direction by 45 degrees so when you drop a token on it (Ringworks wanderer for example) It faces one of the 6 corners instead of one one of the 6 sides. And when you rotate the token it always faces a corner.

SpaceMapError.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by msbranin View Post
    Space map from Temple of the Twelve is facing the wrong direction by 45 degrees so when you drop a token on it (Ringworks wanderer for example) It faces one of the 6 corners instead of one one of the 6 sides. And when you rotate the token it always faces a corner.

SpaceMapError.jpg
    There really needs to be a better way to indicate starship facing in FG than depending on the tokens as they are.

msbranin, thank you and welcome to the forum. I cannot seem to replicate the issue with token not rotating. Perhaps this is an issue with how sensitive (or not) your mouse wheel might be? It seems to rotate to both of the corners and the sides for me.

One bit of advice I have learned (I play a Ysoki pilot in the Dead Suns games and I had to learn the hard way)... Trying to utilize the picture itself as the direction indicator can be a bit confusing at times as the tokens can be small. My group has reverted to utilizing the line pointer to indicate direction as it is a lot easier for direction than trying to gauge the direction from the token itself. This is particularly helpful when there are multiple ships and torpedos/missiles on the map.

Ship Direction.jpg
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Good Idea but ... Look at your pic vs my pic. When I load up the space map the Grid is 45 degrees off from yours. Going left to right the hex side should butt up to the next. But when I choose the space map the corners but up next to each other going left to right. Is there an easy way to fix this issue. Your maps hexes are the correct orientation which is why your ships rotation is correct.
    Last edited by msbranin; November 22nd, 2018 at 01:08.

Actually, I tried it in both configurations and it works in both configurations for me.

You can re-orient any map by right-clicking on the map, select "Layers" (5 o'clock position) and then "Grid off" (6 o'clock position). Then you can redraw the map to whatever specifications you want by right-clicking again, selecting "Layers" again, then "Set Hex Grid" (6 o'clock position). You can drag the square (or in this case hex) to whichever orientation (or even size) that you want. They are set for 50 pixels currently but you can change to more or less for your preferences (as well as orientation preferences).
    Last edited by sciencephile; November 22nd, 2018 at 01:37.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by shartahl View Post
    Worked like a charm!! awesome job!

Clear cache and had the player client load Dead Suns Player module for 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, Pact World Players, Alien Archive Players, Core Rules Players, and Armory. Sitting at 2062 MB
    Thanks,
    But they don't really need them all open. I.E Dead Suns players module 1 only has a Race and a Theme, if the player is not using either one then its not really needed, and don't need to be open.
    So they should look at the modules and decide "Do I really need this open", and close the ones they don't need to save on memory usage.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    Actually, I tried it in both configurations and it works in both configurations for me.

You can re-orient any map by right-clicking on the map, select "Layers" (5 o'clock position) and then "Grid off" (6 o'clock position). Then you can redraw the map to whatever specifications you want by right-clicking again, selecting "Layers" again, then "Set Hex Grid" (6 o'clock position). You can drag the square (or in this case hex) to whichever orientation (or even size) that you want. They are set for 50 pixels currently but you can change to more or less for your preferences (as well as orientation preferences).
    Thank you/ I had no idea you could re-orientate the grid like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    Thanks,
    But they don't really need them all open. I.E Dead Suns players module 1 only has a Race and a Theme, if the player is not using either one then its not really needed, and don't need to be open.
    So they should look at the modules and decide "Do I really need this open", and close the ones they don't need to save on memory usage.
    yeah. I was just running a stress test on the computer my wife uses as a player. I will let them know that when we play next, but this definitely helps loads

Bug
    Choose mystic as a class and your key ability is Wisdom, Now choose Soldier which allows you to choose Strength or dexterity as your key ability. It will not give you the option to choose. It will force Strength on you.
    Now if you select soldier first you get to choose your key ability and then if you choose mystic second the key abilities are correct.

Also am I doing something wrong. I select mystic. I choose the healer connection. I should get healing channel as my connection power but I do not see it listed anywhere on the sheet. I see a blank entry under abilities called connection power. But no what to select it or even see what the ability is.
    Last edited by msbranin; November 22nd, 2018 at 21:13.

Quote Originally Posted by msbranin View Post
    Bug
    Choose mystic as a class and your key ability is Wisdom, Now choose Soldier which allows you to choose Strength or dexterity as your key ability. It will not give you the option to choose. It will force Strength on you.
    Now if you select soldier first you get to choose your key ability and then if you choose mystic second the key abilities are correct.

Also am I doing something wrong. I select mystic. I choose the healer connection. I should get healing channel as my connection power but I do not see it listed anywhere on the sheet. I see a blank entry under abilities called connection power. But no what to select it or even see what the ability is.
    Key Ability-With multi classing your key ability can be set to which ever is rhe highest bonus. So with the above you would look at Wis, Str, Dex and which ever had the highest bonus set you Key Ability in the Abilities editor to that.
    Cinnection-If you Open your Class record and go to the Special Tab you will seeall the conections. Drag the 1st level version of the connection you want to youe character and your set
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Thread Information