STAR TREK 2d20
Page 22 of 110 First ... 1220212223243272 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    PC Ships...

I presume that this is known info, but I will repeat it nonetheless.

SYSTEMS and EXPANSION BAYS regions will not accept drag and drop. Manually creating things is possible, but since the things are in STARSHIP ITEMS, it seems like a bit of needless work.

The ACTIONS, CREW, CARGO, and NOTES tabs are not populated (no areas, regions, controls, etc). I acknowledge that maybe it is just me.

Anyhow, it looks like a work in progress.

Starships in this release were set as a show of whats to come.
    The Star-ship functionality is in current development by Zeph.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I very much doubt if you're going to get 100% accurate automatic spell parsing of the Starfinder spells. A future update may improve the automatic parsing a bit. I'd say go ahead and create the relevant actions and effects/conditions that you feel you need.
    We have 100% accurate automatic spell parsing of the 5e stuff... Should we not expect the Starfinder module to come up to that quality? I don't mean to complain, really, I'm very grateful for all you guys are doing, but I run both systems and the WotC 5e FG module is amazing. Will the Starfinder module not be that good?
    A.J.

“It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
    "But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
    "Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
    "I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by merkvah View Post
    We have 100% accurate automatic spell parsing of the 5e stuff... Should we not expect the Starfinder module to come up to that quality? I don't mean to complain, really, I'm very grateful for all you guys are doing, but I run both systems and the WotC 5e FG module is amazing. Will the Starfinder module not be that good?
    I dont believe we do have 100% accurate spell parsing in 5e... maybe we do but I dont think that is the case.
    And the second part of the answer is not clear. That would probably come down to economics. If Product A sells X copies and Product B sells 10x copies you may not be able to invest as many resources into Product A...
    There are products in Store that will not even sell 1/1000th of 5e - they most definitely will not have 5e feature parity.

The issue is that the WotC 5E spell/power descriptive text has been specifically designed to have a very similar/reproducible syntax - so it's possible to write parsing that is close to 90-odd% - I would hesitate to say it is 100% accurate.

The Starfinder spell descriptions just aren't in a similar format and Starfinder spells/powers are more complex than 5E as well. So it will be virtually impossible to write a parser that gets anywhere near 90+% accuracy, let alone 100%. Especially as Starfinder evolves - knowing Paizo's inkling to bring out lots of splat books...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks. I do understand the economics of the thing... just makes me wonder how invested in it I really want to become. =( Thank you for your attention.
    A.J.

“It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
    "But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
    "Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
    "I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Blog Entries
    Thanks. I do understand the economics of the thing... just makes me wonder how invested in it I really want to become. =( Thank you for your attention.
    Hi merkvah I think you will find that the Starfinder experience on Fantasy Grounds will be an amazing one and far better than on any other VTT. It is a brand new ruleset for a complex game system and it will take time to mature. There are significant resources being expended on this ruleset and once the identified bugs have been addressed new feature work will begin.

My comment re: resourcing and revenue was simply meant to suggest that expecting feature parity to the same level of detail as the #1 ruleset is probably not realistic.

Trenloes points about the complexity and wording are the more pertinent ones to your question. Trenloe has been involved in Pathfinder conversions and content importing for a long time so he is very aware of the challenges of parsing with inconsistent source material standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    Starships in this release were set as a show of whats to come.
    The Star-ship functionality is in current development by Zeph.
    Alright, thanks! I figured that it was what it was . I am planning on running some Starfinder in the middle April for FG-Con. I will hope that the ship systems are up and working by then, but I'll plan on winging it

just makes me wonder how invested in it I really want to become.
    I think the danger here is that people start looking for 100% automation in everything and then end up not playing or getting frustrated if they don't have that. I know everyone has different play styles and requirements. But not having 100% spell/action automation won't stop me playing a very fun and enjoyable system which has excellent scenarios, well converted to Fantasy Grounds. In the end only you know what you want and need from any system you play. But no ruleset in Fantasy Grounds has 100% automation - it would be virtually impossible - unless it was a super simple RPG system (which Starfinder is not).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Nothing else will come even close so good luck looking elsewhere

As I have been going though the effects tags that are universal between the rule sets, I have found several tags that currently do not work properly. The tags for DMGTYPE and DR do not work, or I haven't found the proper syntax for them. Other effects, FHEAL and REGEN do not work either, but there are limited instances of both of these in the core rule book. Damage type and DR tags are the ones that I am most worried about as several abilities grant both of these. While the work around is to add the damage type change to on the type line in the damage box, it might be easier to allow adding via effect. I have attempted to use the short codes (ie F) used in the weapon item lists, but those do not work and neither does the full text (ie fire). DR also is not taken into effect when placed as an effect and there is no location for this to be placed on a character sheet. Also noticed the CONC and TCONC tags do not work. Neither does the concealment button in the effects box.

Any information you can pass on the proper use of these effects would be appreciated.

Also noticed, if you place "F" on the type line on the spell/ability damage, it will only be fire damage. If you put "fire" on that same line, the damage types become fire and spell. This is the same with the other energy types (ie A, acid, C, cold, ect). It is probably intended, but I want to put that out there just in someone else notices a difference.
    Last edited by Blahness98; February 25th, 2018 at 19:18.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Thread Information