Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Interest Check/LFP: Short term biweekly FATE

FG License: Ultimate
    Game System: FATE Core

Time Zone: EST
    Day of week and time: Weekday Evening tbd
    If new game, planned start date: tbd
    Planned Duration & Frequency: semi-weekly/bi-weekly
    Term: Short Term, 4-6 sessions, potentially leading to longer campaign based on interest after that period

Text or Voice: Voice plus text?
    Voice software used: Discord or teamspeak tbd.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60-40
    Number of Players in game & needed: 3-6 needed?
    Character starting level & equipment: N/A-Standard FATE character creation
    Character restrictions: tbd

Details of your scenario: tbd

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=2978

This is an interest check to see if there are FATE players or potential FATE players out there who might want to be involved in a short term story arc determined together based on the Players' interests. FATE is a game about PROACTIVE, COMPETENT, and DRAMATIC heroes. A rule light system, it is character-driven designed to make the campaign be about their successes and failures, driven by their strengths and flaws.

I've been GMing for many decades, and have run both rules-heavy and rules-light systems. I have never run a FATE game, and am looking to expand my horizons on that front by running a short term game using the system. I am willing to teach the system, and also to learn from those with more in-depth knowledge. I think a few months of running it will give me enough of an understanding of the ins and outs of the system to be able to convert a homebrew world I have an interest in running in this system. After the initial run through if I and other people are interested, I would work on developing a campaign set in that world. The initial run will be set in a setting as determined by interaction with the players and me.
    Last edited by DMReckless; February 14th, 2018 at 02:06.

I'm interested! It'll depend on what days you want to run on. I'm usually free Tue/Weds, and work weird hours all the other days of the week (4pm-12am EST). Let me know if this moves forward!

Blog Entries
    I have not played a ton of FATE, but I am familiar with the rules. I would love to join depending on the day/time...

Never played it but I would give it a try. Depending on the schedule, I would be interested. Because of my schedule my weekday window is about 6pm - 9:30pm Eastern. I could definitely do it Tuesdays. I might be able to do it Thursdays. I cannot do it Wednesdays or Fridays.
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

Looks like we're gravitating towards Tuesdays.

Is that good for you, leozelig?

Blog Entries
    8pm EST is the earliest I could start on Tuesdays. If that's not a problem, then that day works for me.

I'm very interested, but I have a standing game I DM every other Tuesday, but Wednesdays are free.

I would be interested, depending on time. I'm in Sydney, GMT+10 (+11 at the moment for daylight saving) so if this game were, say, 1900-2300 in GMT-4 then that would be 0900-1300 the next day in GMT+10, plus or minus an hour here or there. I have Tuesday and Thursday free so that works for me if it's Monday night in America and Tuesday in Australia, or if it's Wednesday night in America and Thursday in Australia. I haven't played FATE: I've read a couple of versions of the rules and it sounds interesting. Feel free to mail me on [email protected] if it sounds like this would work for me, I don't come here all that often.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davidbofinger View Post
    I would be interested, depending on time. I'm in Sydney, GMT+10 (+11 at the moment for daylight saving) so if this game were, say, 1900-2300 in GMT-4 then that would be 0900-1300 the next day in GMT+10, plus or minus an hour here or there. I have Tuesday and Thursday free so that works for me if it's Monday night in America and Tuesday in Australia, or if it's Wednesday night in America and Thursday in Australia. I haven't played FATE: I've read a couple of versions of the rules and it sounds interesting. Feel free to mail me on [email protected] if it sounds like this would work for me, I don't come here all that often.
    No... tbh... Ive never seen you here!
    Hola!

Blog Entries
    Wed nights (EST/GMT -5) work for me too.

Thread Information