STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Buying in to C&C when I get paid

I currently own an Ultimate license, which I bought primarily to run GURPS and Dungeon Fantasy RPG. I asked on the discord for a game I could buy into cheaply and get playing right away with my friends and someone suggested C&C. I had never heard of the game before but after looking into it I am very impressed with what all you can get for just a little money

Can you all give me some examples of your favoright experiences with the game? I am really excited to buy in. I was thinking I'd get the ruleset and the keepers guide and the A1 adventure to start with

Blog Entries
    Welcome!! There are lots of forum members with hefty experience....JohnD.....Andraax (currently working on improving the base ruleset) and the ruleset is set to get some love this year.

My personal favorite was one of the few sessions I got to play with JohnD....I had cleric who couldn't himself in combat if he tried, let alone the gnolls and bugbears we were fighting. I think I actually 4 times over a 2 session period...for a whopping 4 points of damage. It was annoying, embarrassing and funny as hell rolled into one.
    Ultimate License Holder

Cool I was just informed that I didn't really need to get the Keeper's guide starting out to be able to run the game and play it, that it was just extra play options. That's really cool as it'll save me some money to start. But would you guys recomend I pick it up anyway?

All you *need* is the basic ruleset. It comes with Monsters & Treasure. Once you have those, you should be able to run nearly any "old school" module. The CKG is handy, as is the "Classic Monsters" module.

Cool, would I be able to make my own adventure with the basic ruleset?

Blog Entries
    Yes sir.
    Ultimate License Holder

In reality, you don't need to buy *anything* to play Castles and Crusades on FG. The "quick start" rules are available online for free, and the game can be played using the CoreRPG or MoreCore rulesets. Buying the ruleset, however, gives you some nice automation, the full set of classes and spells, and already fleshed out NPCs and monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    In reality, you don't need to buy *anything* to play Castles and Crusades on FG. The "quick start" rules are available online for free, and the game can be played using the CoreRPG or MoreCore rulesets. Buying the ruleset, however, gives you some nice automation, the full set of classes and spells, and already fleshed out NPCs and monsters.
    Understood I do want the basic set though because I want all that nice automation to make it easy for me to GM my first time

And you have ready made PC and NPC sheets, and more.. Getting the ruleset is a no-brainer if you want to run C&C on FG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information