DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darellsison View Post
    I got PureVPN with dedicated IP and its still giving me failures!!! What is wrong with this software?
    Send me your email via PM if you would like me to look at this with you.

Blog Entries
    There have been a few cases where PureVPN has had an issue (server maintenance and such). I just tried it myself and it worked fine.

Damned can take a look with you - send him your email and he can puzzle out what the issue is.

I am assuming that you used the dedicated Ip server they gave you as the server? Normally they email you a specific server address and user name and password combination that goes with it.

Then you start the VPN, confirm that it is active and then start Fantasy Grounds and try.

Some other errors might be firewall settings or the vpn setting being wrong.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Awesome Damned just fixed it for me!!! Brilliant help!!! Thank a lot!!! Finally I can get my session 0 started.

Blog Entries
    I am eagerly awaiting Damned to tell us what the issue was this time. :-)
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    So it looks like darellsison had setup things correctly as far as possible.
    He cant do port forwarding on his primary internet link because of IP aggregation by his ISP.
    His LAN connection was set to Private and the firewall rules were in place and ok.
    The PureVPN connection however would default to Public. This is a correct setting as it is a more public connection - there is no NAT protecting you.
    I changed this connection to Private via Powershell and the connection worked.
    We then tried putting the PureVPN connection on the router and doing the Port Forward there - the internet traffic would route through the VPN but the router wouldnt enable port Forwarding on that connection.

darellsison please do note - your security settings on your VPN are slightly lower now as it is set to a Private Connection so please do only use it in that mode while running FG as the GM.
    You could change back to Public and try tweaking your Public Firewall rules if you wanted.
    Make sure you dont run the VPN with firewall disabled.

Blog Entries
    I am not sure what you meant about putting the VPN on his router. You mean use the vpn setting on the router and point it at the PureVPN server? I was able to get that to work on my Astrill vpn when I was in China that had an app for DD-WRT but I think the PureVPN client does not work that way from what I can tell for the dedicated ip option and FG.

https://support.purevpn.com/supporte...-and-protocols

I have always just run the software on the PC I am running FG on and there is no need to port forward as all the ports are there.

PureVPN also offers NAT as an option if you want the additional security.

I have not fully researched the router options yet, I guess I should. The Dd-wrt client for Astrill was slick - I could easily select which ones went through the vpn and which did not.

The money for the VPN is not just for FG. You can use it on your laptop and even disguise your location and do things like watch BBC as if you were in the UK for example.

You can actually buy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    I am not sure what you meant about putting the VPN on his router. You mean use the vpn setting on the router and point it at the PureVPN server? I was able to get that to work on my Astrill vpn when I was in China that had an app for DD-WRT but I think the PureVPN client does not work that way from what I can tell for the dedicated ip option and FG.

https://support.purevpn.com/supporte...-and-protocols

I have always just run the software on the PC I am running FG on and there is no need to port forward as all the ports are there.

PureVPN also offers NAT as an option if you want the additional security.

I have not fully researched the router options yet, I guess I should. The Dd-wrt client for Astrill was slick - I could easily select which ones went through the vpn and which did not.

The money for the VPN is not just for FG. You can use it on your laptop and even disguise your location and do things like watch BBC as if you were in the UK for example.

You can actually buy
    the OPs router can make the VPN connection so that he gets the best of both - access via the VPN and by multiple computers and NAT protection and probably a few other things.
    this router couldnt do Port Forward on the VPN connection though.
    works fine when using the client but using a slightly less locked down windows firewall profile.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    So it looks like darellsison had setup things correctly as far as possible.
    He cant do port forwarding on his primary internet link because of IP aggregation by his ISP.
    His LAN connection was set to Private and the firewall rules were in place and ok.
    The PureVPN connection however would default to Public. This is a correct setting as it is a more public connection - there is no NAT protecting you.
    I changed this connection to Private via Powershell and the connection worked.
    We then tried putting the PureVPN connection on the router and doing the Port Forward there - the internet traffic would route through the VPN but the router wouldnt enable port Forwarding on that connection.

darellsison please do note - your security settings on your VPN are slightly lower now as it is set to a Private Connection so please do only use it in that mode while running FG as the GM.
    You could change back to Public and try tweaking your Public Firewall rules if you wanted.
    Make sure you dont run the VPN with firewall disabled.
    Thanks again Damned, let me try to understand, you suggest I put the connection back to Public? Wouldn't that break the connection again? When you mean tweak the Public Firewall rules, is that on windows firewall?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darellsison View Post
    Thanks again Damned, let me try to understand, you suggest I put the connection back to Public? Wouldn't that break the connection again? When you mean tweak the Public Firewall rules, is that on windows firewall?
    Ive sent you an email with more info and we will post the outcome here.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Ive sent you an email with more info and we will post the outcome here.
    Thank you sir, I will try when i get home.

Thread Information