FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Connection Test failing

I have setup port forwarding to 1802 still not working.

I use the unifi usg router.

Hi, darellsison welcome to FG.

First thing to try is make sure UPnP is active on your router; since FG should be able to configure itself. If it is active and didn't work, then next make sure that your network is set to private rather than public. If that is fine then make sure that you have created a rule in your anti-virus software (and any other Windows firewall that you might have - such as Windows Defender if it is active) to allow FG to communicate properly. If, after that you are still getting a failure check whether you are on an IPv4 or IPv6 network. To test this go to https://whatismyip.host. and if the IPv4 box says N/A then you are on an IPV6 network which does not support port forwarding. If you are in an IPv6 network then you might be able to call your ISP and ask if you can get an IPv4 connection (this may involve additional cost or may not be possible). If you can't get an IPv4 connection then you'll need to use a VPN solution such as Hamachi or PureVPN with a static IP.

If you are on an IPV4 network then try port forwarding. Make sure that you set up your rule to point at the correct internal UP address for your computer.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Hi, darellsison welcome to FG.

First thing to try is make sure UPnP is active on your router; since FG should be able to configure itself. If it is active and didn't work, then next make sure that your network is set to private rather than public. If that is fine then make sure that you have created a rule in your anti-virus software (and any other Windows firewall that you might have - such as Windows Defender if it is active) to allow FG to communicate properly. If, after that you are still getting a failure check whether you are on an IPv4 or IPv6 network. To test this go to https://whatismyip.host. and if the IPv4 box says N/A then you are on an IPV6 network which does not support port forwarding. If you are in an IPv6 network then you might be able to call your ISP and ask if you can get an IPv4 connection (this may involve additional cost or may not be possible). If you can't get an IPv4 connection then you'll need to use a VPN solution such as Hamachi or PureVPN with a static IP.

If you are on an IPV4 network then try port forwarding. Make sure that you set up your rule to point at the correct internal UP address for your computer.
    I dont think that https://whatismyip.host wil not show an IPv4 if your ISP is using IPv6. The vast majority of web sites everywhere (in the very, very high 90% range) only support IPv4. All residential IPv6 services also support IPv4 but the end user has a shared/aggregated or other IPv4 address meaning that there is no way to configure inbound port forwarding - however you will still see an IPv4 address...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I dont think that https://whatismyip.host wil not show an IPv4 if your ISP is using IPv6. The vast majority of web sites everywhere (in the very, very high 90% range) only support IPv4. All residential IPv6 services also support IPv4 but the end user has a shared/aggregated or other IPv4 address meaning that there is no way to configure inbound port forwarding - however you will still see an IPv4 address...
    Yeah, I can't test this since I'm on an IPv4 network. This was something that someone on the Discord forums said would be a good way to find out what kind of network connection the user had; so I took his word for it and just repeated it here. The inference is that if the test is negative - in that it won't show an IPv4 address if one doesn't exist then the negative would count as a positive; if that makes nay kind of sense.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you, I did enable uPnP and it didnt work, hence I created a port forwarding rule for port 1802 from "Anywhere" to my Desktop Internal IP which has Fantasy Grounds Ultimate. I use IPv4, as for configuring the network to be private or public, it already applied that since I create that on my router on my network settings and yes it is private. I will try Creating a rule on Windows Defender when I get home. Thanks in advance.

Please run the following from a command prompt: tracert 8.8.8.8 and copy/paste the first 4 hops here. This will give us an idea if there are multiple devices between you and the Internet, then we can identify any issues you may need to address.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Please run the following from a command prompt: tracert 8.8.8.8 and copy/paste the first 4 hops here. This will give us an idea if there are multiple devices between you and the Internet, then we can identify any issues you may need to address.
    Do I run this on the terminal on putty?

Thanks this is what I got

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms USG [192.168.1.1]
    2 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
    3 38 ms 25 ms 23 ms 10.119.0.1
    4 99 ms 28 ms 21 ms 10.3.69.35
    5 * * * Request timed out.
    6 22 ms 31 ms 21 ms 10.3.11.25
    7 35 ms 33 ms 41 ms 10.3.0.177
    8 24 ms 18 ms 21 ms customer-189-216-2-12.cablevision.net.mx [189.216.2.12]
    9 62 ms 50 ms 46 ms 130.189-204-129.bestel.com.mx [189.204.129.130]
    10 85 ms 51 ms 58 ms 130.189-204-204.bestel.com.mx [189.204.204.130]
    11 61 ms 53 ms 85 ms 209.85.172.64

Quote Originally Posted by darellsison View Post
    1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms USG [192.168.1.1]
    2 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
    3 38 ms 25 ms 23 ms 10.119.0.1
    4 99 ms 28 ms 21 ms 10.3.69.35
    5 * * * Request timed out.
    6 22 ms 31 ms 21 ms 10.3.11.25
    7 35 ms 33 ms 41 ms 10.3.0.177
    These are all internal Internet addresses, not public ones - there are multiple devices between you and the "outside". This usually means that your Internet provider is sharing public IP addresses with multiple people - which means you can't control port forwarding for FG.

There are options available to you. See info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post372177 This user has a similar setup to you.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information