FG Spreadshirt Swag

DMGO and REGEN effects stacking

I'm almost 100% certain these effects used to work as the rules intended, if two instances of a DMGO type are on a target, only the largest of the two would apply, and REGEN behaved the same way, if multiple instances of REGEN were on a target, only the largest worked.
    For some reason it has either stopped working recently, or it's the first time it's come up for me (which I am unsure is the case).

For clarity, the rules around ongoing damage and regen are regen and DMGO

Halp Moon Wizard, you're my only hope!

Nope, it has always handled it the way it does now. I even went back and checked the change logs for the effect files. It just has never really come up, since it's pretty rare scenario. I'll see how hard it is to add something.

One caveat, the REGEN/DMGO effects also support dice, so any changes would only apply to REGEN/DMGO without dice.

Regards,
    JPG

That's perfect. I think dice DMGO is rarer than multiple instances of stacking damage.
    I wasn't sure if it had ever worked, because I'd never paid close attention to it before now.
    Thanks so much, I'll be testing this on 3.3.4 test ASAP.

Moon, another thing has come up, I am not sure if it's possible or not, but there is another issue that comes up with DMGO, VULN and RESIST. I think it lies in the order it works out when to trigger VULN damage.
    The example of this issue is: Play A has Resist 40 fire, and something puts on Vulnerability 15 fire as an effect. The Player A also has ongoing 10 fire damage.
    According to the rules, the Vulnerability 15 would reduce the Resist by ten, and then the ongoing 10 fire damage would be resisted by the remaining 30 fire resist.
    What actually happens is the ongoing damage is reduced to 0, but then the vulnerability is triggered putting 10 damage onto the Player A, effectively bypassing the remaining 30 resist.

For rules reference, page 225 of the Compendium "If a creature has vulnerability and resistance to the same type of damage, they both apply. Subtract the smaller value from the larger one and apply the result. For instance, a creature that has vulnerable 5 fire and resist 10 fire is treated as if it has resist 5 fire."

For example of the issue occuring: https://puu.sh/zbB3f/82235a6d6f.jpg

Is this possible to be fixed? I have also tested with direct damage versus RESIST and VULN and the issue also occurs: https://puu.sh/zbBia/c5ad025d75.jpg

ALSO ALSO finally found a bug that has been driving us nuts!

If a player or NPC has an effect that is set to END, it will spit out an error "Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_4E.lua"]:434: getValue: Invalid parameter 1" when they select next turn (or the DM selects next turn) and fail to move on from that players turn. It will also end effects with that effect early, or skip ending them at all. It really plays havoc and we've finally figured out what it was that did it. It's definitely the END end condition.
    https://puu.sh/zbBMh/58412b05b5.jpg

EDIT: Actually END N does it aswell, just no the next round (so when it would be due to fall off).
    I've attached a GIF to show it in action. https://puu.sh/zbBYt/5c73ae5971.gif
    Last edited by spite; January 28th, 2018 at 20:12.

The effect one is a bug I was able to track down for v3.3.4.

The RESIST/VULN is a rules difference between editions, that is going to require a rewrite of those functions. That one is going to have to head for the next version whenever that arrives. For now, the logic is apply resist, then apply vuln; which as you know, gives slightly different results.

Regards,
    JPG

Yea we can manually work our way around it by adjusting RESIST as it comes up, so it's not a hugely pressing issue. It would be more of a quality of life and a tick in the "awesome automation" box.

Thank you for addressing the errors though, that's going to be much much nicer now

Thread Information