DICE PACKS BUNDLE

multiclass and common sense question

First off, what happened to the site? :-) VB raw?

Okay so between FG2 rulesets, book rules and common sense how does FG approach multiclasses and how it affects leveling, armor and weapons.

Can one decide to be a halfling barbarian wielding a great sword or double down as a wizard/barbarian.

Hobbots and greatswords would be interesting to see since the sword is bigger than it but no rule in 5E FG2 denies its possibility. Common sense call?

Also, in a wizard/barb or wizard/fighter comb what armor is allowed? Again it seems thats a DM common sense call?

Blog Entries
    The site is probably in mobile style. You can reset it to "FG Responsive" in the bottom left corner of the page.

FG adds the correct multi-class traits when you add a second class to the character sheet. And gives you a level in that class.

By affects armor and weapons, I assume you mean proficiencies. Proficiencies are added to the character sheet, but be aware that FG does not enforce proficiencies for any classes. I can give a great axe to wizard and FG will make the attack action assuming you are proficient with it. You can edit the action if you want to remove the proficiency.

In short, FG never enforces rules. To many desires for homebrew and exceptions to exceptions, etc.

RAW has something about small creatures and large weapons, but I don't recall. Check the racial traits and the weapon property definitions to see if there is anything.

RAW has something about wearing armor you are not proficient in. If I remember, you can do it, but their is a con/penalty written somewhere.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

EDIT: Home from work and have time for a better reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluanar View Post
    Can one decide to be a halfling barbarian wielding a great sword...

Hobbots and greatswords would be interesting to see since the sword is bigger than it but no rule in 5E FG2 denies its possibility. Common sense call?
    Small creatures have disadvantage with heavy weapons. A halfling barbarian that always used Reckless Attack could use a greatsword rolling normally (though everything would have advantage against it).

Quote Originally Posted by Cluanar View Post
    Can one decide to double down as a wizard/barbarian.
    Also, in a wizard/barb or wizard/fighter comb what armor is allowed? Again it seems thats a DM common sense call?
    You cannot cast spells in armor that you are not proficient with. If you gain proficiency somehow (multiclassing, feat, etc.) then you know how to cast spells without the armor hindering the spellcasting.

No common sense is required as the rules cover these situations. Granted, FG doesn't have a lot of automation for things like these, but it adds new classes well enough.
    Last edited by Nickademus; January 23rd, 2018 at 15:57.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Thread Information