DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    No only the host requires an Internet connection, and then only to verify his licence. So you (the host) need to connect to the Internet for about 2-5 minutes, then you can use it. For usage as a GM, to prep, you DONOT require an Internet connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    The players have to be connected to the GM's server to make their characters (unless they have a license and use the SRD, Basic Rules, or have purchased the PHB). The GM only ever needs a connection when a player with a demo license connects. Or to update FG.
    Okay so if I am on a plane and already have my FG updated I can get on and create a module with full usage such as tokens, map building items etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluanar View Post
    Okay so if I am on a plane and already have my FG updated I can get on and create a module with full usage such as tokens, map building items etc etc.
    Yes

I have just purchased the Ultimate permanent license. In part as to why was how responsive and helpful the community has been, looking forward to asking you all my questions going forward :-)

Thanks all

Hey np, we are all very passionate about FG. Just understand that Ultimate Licence does not buy you the official books for either PF or 5E, just the SRD

OK - there is some misinformation here around the free/Ultimate Internet connection requirements.

There is an Internet connection required by the *free* license when connecting to an Ultimate license over a LAN. The free license connects to the FG server to verify the GM license when they first connect to the GMs campaign - after that an Internet connection is not needed by this player.

The GM does not need an Internet connection at all to prepare or run a game over a LAN. They will just need an Internet connection to install/update products or to host a game over the Internet.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information