5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Forwarded Port 1802 rules setup in my modem/router browser admin, directs to the Internal IP Static address I've set for this PC.
    Internal IP had changed to a different dynamic one when I'd connected elsewhere, but I did change it back when I got home.
    obviously gonna have to continue wrestling with this one, but I cant keep my eyes open anymore
    thx

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmmwood View Post
    Forwarded Port 1802 rules setup in my modem/router browser admin, directs to the Internal IP Static address I've set for this PC.
    Internal IP had changed to a different dynamic one when I'd connected elsewhere, but I did change it back when I got home.
    obviously gonna have to continue wrestling with this one, but I cant keep my eyes open anymore
    thx
    Sometimes when things were working and then they stop working a reboot of both laptop and router does the trick...

Hello...

Its me again, no luck. I have hit a dead end. 'basics' only got me so far.
    I'm getting weird results though.
    1802 isn't being seen, mostly. But when I run PortForward.com Utility "Port Checker", 1802 comes through as open. CanYouSeeMe sees it as well. Turn off PortFoward Utility program and 1802 cant be seen anymore.
    I think my router might have changed the IP, but I've essentially started from the ground up doing setup and reconfig.
    router rules, firewall exceptions, cmd lines, adapter properties, hard boots....????
    Not sure what I'm missing and really don't want to require my players to have to add Hamachi into the mix.
    Plus if we don't get gaming again soon, the group of us will revert back to Cro-Magnons excessively and none of this will be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmmwood View Post
    1802 isn't being seen, mostly. But when I run PortForward.com Utility "Port Checker", 1802 comes through as open. CanYouSeeMe sees it as well.
    When you get a success through these sites, is FG fully up and running - campaign loaded and ready for players to connect? This is the only time FG will be listening on port 1802. If FG is not up and running, then there is something else listening on port 1802 on your network, and this will be clashing with FG.

What, exactly, are you doing with the port forward utility program. And what does it do when you turn it off? I'm unsure what this step is doing to give you a success on canyouseeme etc. but then fail when it's turned off.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

FG Discord support success.
    Had to stop changing my local IP address to a Static one, which is what I was doing with Portforward.com Utility.
    Not sure why it worked for months and then stopped. Other then my router/ISP/...etc did it.
    But FG is up and running testing green and Canyouseeme is successful.
    Thx for everyones help.

Wyrmmwood

Right, so the answer was actually really stupid. Hard to force update the Modem because the firmware had an update that didn't automatically do its thing. That in turn stopped it somehow. No Idea how but my issue was resolved by looking at the firmware and seeing if it needed to update. So maybe add that onto potential solutions guys. So yes, the issue is resolved on my side, also again my apologies to damned for the attempt to assist that was denied.
    Don't ask dumb questions, you'll get dumb answers. Don't ask smart questions, you'll get dumb answers...really, most people are really just dumb. So just don't ask questions.

Thread Information