STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I deal with this weekly. The problem is that it doesn't matter how carefully the DM places the tokens. As soon as my players move their tokens they will, nearly 100% of the time, end up dropping their tokens on the edges of the grid. it's a fairly minor thing, but it bothers me. I spend quite a bit of time each session grabbing and nudging their tokens to fit the visible grid.
    I would love the ability to disable all the snaps but the center

Nope My tokens have always locked into the grid (Starfinder, Temple of the Twelve). After updating to 3.3.7 None of my Tokens lock to the grid anymore. I just created a new Test Campaign Using default maps and the same issue occurs. Even is I drag an NPC from the alien archive out. Drop it anywhere and it does not snap to grid. Move the token and it can drop anywhere. No matter what I do I can not get any token to lock to the grid that is default on any map

Quote Originally Posted by msbranin View Post
    Nope My tokens have always locked into the grid (Starfinder, Temple of the Twelve). After updating to 3.3.7 None of my Tokens lock to the grid anymore. I just created a new Test Campaign Using default maps and the same issue occurs. Even is I drag an NPC from the alien archive out. Drop it anywhere and it does not snap to grid. Move the token and it can drop anywhere. No matter what I do I can not get any token to lock to the grid that is default on any map
    Make sure that a) there actually is a grid on the map and b) you are dragging tokens onto the map from the Combat Tracker.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Make sure that a) there actually is a grid on the map and b) you are dragging tokens onto the map from the Combat Tracker.
    I had to recreate the campaign and import the characters back in.. something was definately corrupted.. each time I started it back up my characters tokens were not on the map they where on when i closed it down and they kept starting not in the tracker either.. once i recreated it everything is fine.

Didn't there used to be a campaign option to force tokens to snap to the grid?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by epithet View Post
    There is but this doesn't necessarily mean "snap to the center of the square", as much as I wish it did.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by epithet View Post
    It’s In the image right-click menu. See “Toggle grid snap” here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...hp/Images#Grid
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information