5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

No access to purchased module that the GM doesn't own (PHB 5E)

I already asked for help on the discord two days ago, but the issue has yet to be resolved, so I'm making this thread for an easier reference/response medium.

The situation is as follows:
    I own several official modules for the 5E ruleset, including the PHB. I can load and use those without any problems and when I GM my players are able to access them as well.
    I am in a campaign that is hosted by someone who just has the license and no purchased modules at all. In this campaign the GM is able to grant access to all my purchased modules except the PHB. This is a new problem, as it worked before (the previous session was one week prior, 5.1.2018).
    I am able to load the PHB in a different campaign I play in where the GM has the module as well.

Furthermore, according to Zacchaeus, I should be able to see all my modules in the Module Activation screen, even when the GM hasn't granted access. And I should be able to prompt the GM to give access. Instead I can only see the modules that my GM grants access to and it has been this way since we started playing together.

We both tried deleting the cache and the vault files to no effect.
    We both do not have a module with a similar name to the official PHB.

Screenshots
    My View of the Module Activation Screen: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...creenshot1.PNG
    My GMs View of the Module Activation Screen: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...9647_44026.jpg

The situation is still being investigated.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

They are both at V3.3.3, same for me.

Any update on this issue? Next session is coming up and it is really unfortunate that I am not able to access the Data Entries on my character sheet during a session. I really don't want to recreate the whole character using SRD and selfmade entries...

Sorry, no. Not as yet.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ask the GM to post the modulestate.xml file from the <FG App Data>\campaigns\<campaign name> directory for this specific campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Attached is the modulestate.xml

Unfortunately it's a very short list with nothing on it, that could conflict with the PHB in my opinion.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Cerow; January 22nd, 2018 at 20:45.

OK, I see the issue. The "DD PHB Deluxe" module data file is db.xml not client.xml or common.xml (the two player side data file names). It looks like only player side modules whose data file name is not db.xml will be passed from the player side to the GM as an option to enable.

This will require SmiteWorks to decide if they wish to change the PHB data file name.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Well spotted, Trenloe. I'll get a revised version submitted ASAP.

Thread Information