DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Science Fiction Companion question

Why is something like this not in the Science Fiction Companion?

I've obviously taken the time to key it all in, but why I am doing this when it clearly could be pre-defined?

Or did I missing something?

Blog Entries
    Yep you missed something. You wrote everything as an Edge. All the Racial Abilities are under the abilities section of the races. Looking at the source code right now; it's all there.

Oh, I found those Talyn. You mean each race having draggable/droppable ability descriptions, right?

I had originally planned on collecting all of the used racial abilities on one page via drag and drop. Then I got to looking and discovered that the generic descriptors are different. They have different text (race neutral) and do not require the parent race listed in the requirements. The existing racial abilities are heavily re-written from a generic description to make them feel like a part of the race being described.

As for them all being edges, I cannot see that they function incorrectly. I could probably hack the xml and get them classified correctly, but then I would not have any way to access them as easily since we don't have a RACIAL ABILITIES button/group; I'd have to use an index page of some sort.

If there is some sort of middle ground solution here, I'd love hearing about it.

Blog Entries
    I don't think any other ruleset has a Racial Abilities button, either; though I'll admit to never looking for one either. 5E, PF and C&C all have their racial abilities hard-coded within the race data itself, just like occurs with the SciFi Companion.

Thread Information