DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Paizo Products Don't Appear in Extensions

Hey, all.

New member to the community here. My players and I have been running Strange Aeons for 1.5 years now and have turned to FG to finish out our campaign after a couple of us moved away. I'm excited about so much with this program, but god am I getting frustrated with it. I've learned already that my firewall was preventing me from connecting (and I'm going to have to leave it down, I think) and now I'm struggling with the part I was the most optimistic about.

My Paizo product syncs don't seem to be working. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but it seems like there's some sort of problem with the products actually appearing under the extensions. Was trying to follow the demo video Doug Davis posted to YouTube back in May 2017, but my products aren't showing up in that box. They just read as the standard themes: Wood and Dungeon. Truthfully, I expected my list of synced products to be a lot longer than this, but I'm not sure what the hangup is. I'm running FG through Steam, which is also supposedly synced with my account. I'm baffled. What else do I need to do? The FG store is still trying to charge me almost full price (10% discount) for the Pathfinder Core Rulebook, when it says I should be getting it without charge. And I'm able to update FG seemingly without issue.

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (4).png
    Last edited by DorianValtieri; January 14th, 2018 at 17:11.

Welcome to the forums DorianValtieri

I think there's a misunderstanding of what the product sync does. If you own the Paizo PDF it will not give you the Fantasy Grounds Paizo material for free - it will reduce the cost of the FG product by the value of the Paizo PDF. You still need to buy the FG producut, and if the Paizo sync has occurred you will get the cost of the PDF deducted from the FG product. This appears to be working correctly as you are seeing a reduction in the Paizo FG product cost.
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 14th, 2018 at 17:19.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by DorianValtieri View Post
    The FG store is still trying to charge me almost full price (10% discount) for the Pathfinder Core Rulebook, when it says I should be getting it without charge.]
    To clarify - the official Paizo products are not without charge.

But, the standard FG license (GM or Ultimate) comes with the base PFRPG ruleset (the framework to play) and some base OGL modules. There are also many community produced OGL modules available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ist-of-Modules

Other than these included and community products, I'm not sure where you got the expectation that you'd get Paizo material without charge? If you read that somewhere can you please point us to where - thanks!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The post is kind of confusing. I took it to mean he had bought the products on Steam and was confused on why FG wanted to charge him full price for the same product. And he was expecting his purchased products to show up in the extensions list, and not the modules library. But we are not communicating clearly.

"...equivalent to the full price of the PDF."

Ahh, I see my error now. Please excuse my stupidity. Clearly I've been playing pen-and-paper too long and my distinction of PDF price and Product price was completely wrong. Nowhere to point fingers except at my own reading comprehension. Ouch on the additional $40, but it's the price you pay for moving to another form of playing the game. And Smiteworks all worked hard to port this to us; I realize now that my assumption wouldn't have generated any income for all their efforts. My apologies.

Thank you for your patience, Trenloe. I'll certainly look into the Community products and start saving up for the official extensions.

Dorian, they are not extensions (well, usually anyway. some products may include an extension). They are modules. That is an important distinction because you will activate them in different locations. Extensions are activated in the startup screen, and modules are activated in the library screen (well, except for token modules).

No worries at all! There's a lot of data out there - information overload often occurs!

The hardback Paizo books all have PDFs for $10 on the Paizo store - Paizo keep the core PDFs at a low cost. So this doesn't help in terms of price reduction for the FG product.

Where you will see a big saving is in the APs - for example, if you own the PDF already, one Strange Aeons part in FG will cost you $7 instead of $25.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    No worries at all! There's a lot of data out there - information overload often occurs!

The hardback Paizo books all have PDFs for $10 on the Paizo store - Paizo keep the core PDFs at a low cost. So this doesn't help in terms of price reduction for the FG product.

Where you will see a big saving is in the APs - for example, if you own the PDF already, one Strange Aeons part in FG will cost you $7 instead of $25.
    All true, all true. Sadly, I own all of Strange Aeons in physical print and not at all in PDF. Actually, I own a vast deal of Pathfinder hardbacks and softbacks, none of which helps me here. Again though, it's the price you pay for switching to another medium. I understand entirely.

Also, point taken, Bidmaron. I see the distinction between them. No worries from here on. Thank you both for your time.

Blog Entries
    Also, don't give up on the firewall. You should be able to set an exception for FG so you won't actually need to disable your firewall to use FG. And we actually don't want you to take it down to play, even though the odds would be tiny, no need to be vulnerable at all. If you need help getting the firewall exception setup and working, just let us know.

Also, do note that if you don't own the Paizo PDF, and you end up having to buy the FG version at full price, you will then get the Paizo PDF for free. So at least there is that

Oh, and one more welcome. Many of us have turned to FG to be able to keep playing with our groups that life has moved around the country and/or world.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information