FG Spreadshirt Swag

Game Version Backwards compatibility

Hello everyone. I have been DMing dungeons and dragons off and on for for over 25 years. This takes me back to the days of THAC0 and the amazing. Cpmbat revolution experienced when 3rd edition came out. I slippes passed 4th edition because like most who commit to the books, they becone irreplaceable. In facr many are. Taking into account that DIfficulty Number concepts have srayed relativley the same ocer the years. Have any of you had any success in using books from the 3rd or 4th era? An example would be the Unearthed Arcana book among several otbrrs thar help enrich my campaigns.

I regularly convert 2nd-Ed material to 5th. Third would be even easier. Haven't tried 4th yet, but I have a few adventures slotted to convert.

It helps to remember to convert the spirit of the content, not the content itself. This may help:
    https://media.wizards.com/2015/downl...rsions_1.0.pdf
    Last edited by Nickademus; January 14th, 2018 at 01:17.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

You are spot in about the spirit of the content. My favorite campaign of all time was the second edition campaign "Council of Wyrm." I still have all of my books and am going to piggyback off the Tyranny of Dragons adventure series. I am almost confortbale enough with fantasy grounds to run a fluid game up to my standards but not quite there yet.

Blog Entries
    There are lots of old modules with conversion guides already done. You can get more info here; https://classicmodulestoday.com/
    And then purchase the conversion guides and the originals in PDF on the https://www.DMSGuild.com

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Oh wow thank you very much. I really appreciare these resources

Blog Entries
    If you use Castles and Crusades all your "old" 2e and AD&D and OD&D stuff converts across 90%+ without needing anything beyond cosmetic adjustments.

If C&C isn't your cup of tea, there's a nice AD&D/2e community ruleset made by celestian I believe.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information