5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

dmkevin's Thursday Nights D&D 5e - UK - BST - Islands of Plunder - Tarin's Crown

dmkevin's Thursday Nights UK - Pirate Adventures including Tarin's Crown - Campaign began: 17 August, 2017

HEY YOU, LAND LUBBER!,
    ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A SEAFARING CAMPAIGN?
    Tarins Crown.jpg

FG License:
    Ultimate (anyone can join the game, including free users)

Game System: D&D5E

Day of week and time: Generally every second Thursday evening at 7:30 pm GMT (Until the adventure is completed)

Time Zone: UK is on GMT until British Summertime (BST)

For Americans, please note that UK (GMT) is normally 5 hours ahead of US EST. During BST, one hour is added to GMT.

Campaign began on:
    Thursday, August 18th 2015. We will seek to have sessions last no more than 3 to 3.5 hours.

Planned Frequency: As agreed with players, every 2 weeks, or on occasion 3 weeks (I'm married with kids).

Term:
    If we enjoy this, we may proceed with the subsequent adventure or two, but I intend to begin a WOTC 5e campaign after this.

Text or Voice: Voice

Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50

Number of Players in game & needed: 3/6

Character starting level & equipment: Starting level is 8, all standard equipment as defined by class. Some pregenerated characters may be available or you can choose to make a character prior to game time on the server. We may do this a few nights before we begin playing.

My house rule for starting characters is this: Players can choose to roll 4d6 and drop the lowest die for all abilities. If you don’t like your rolls, for whatever reason, use can simply use the array 15,14,13,12,10,8.

Inspiration points: may be used after a fail without announcing beforehand your intention to use inspiration, and you can give your inspiration point to another player at any time (but you must seriously make an effort to call out, sing, describe your action in doing so to lend something to the session.

Those who played a session can vote before the start of the next session for another player to get a player's choice inspiration point before the start of the next session. To count, player's votes need to be on the calendar listing page. Inspiration points will expire at the end of the second session following when you first received it.

Permitted Books: (races, classes, spells, etc.): PHB, DMG, SCAG, EE, PoTA, Book of Lost Spells, Fifth Edition Feats, Ultimate NPC's Skullduggery's equipment and spells, Volo's Guide to Monsters' races and spell (1), and the new or revised classes, races, feats, etc. in the Dungeon Masters Guild FG mod of the Unearthed Arcana articles from Wizards of the Coast. DM has all rule books and most others on FG.

Character restrictions: No aarakocra or other flying player races permitted (makes it difficult for every other race to catch up and share in the melee). Choose something different, maybe a UA minotaur. Of course, you can be of an evil alignment, but that is not required.

Not for the squeamish! High seas adventures as privateers/pirates, exploring treacherous jungles, reading treasure maps, battling the Amnish navy, dealing with Maztican warriors, and raiding other ships, etc.
    Please note that while I have years of dm’ing experience, I don't claim to know every single D&D 5e rule or to be familiar with all released errata. Please try to ensure you understand your own character's attacks, spells, abilities, powers, feats, etc.

If you are interested in playing then please post below with some details about yourself including your location and experience playing the game or other role-playing games. Let me know what character and race you want to play. I don't need a back story at this point(although you’re welcome to provide one to me), as I expect to be offering you some further background details before play begins.

DM's Request: While I am fine with using discord to confirm attendance in one-offs, in this campaign, I require the players to confirm attendance on the Game Calendar.

I prefer to have a good number of players so that we can always just carry on if someone cannot make it, etc. I know in real life everyone will miss a session.

If after signing up you decide that this campaign is not for you, or that you cannot make a game session after signing up; please just let me know in either a post here, or post in the calendar. We all know that things happen and real life may interrupt.

If still interested, please post here
    AND on the calendar. No shows seem to be from players signing up on the game calendar only. Therefore, after those already invited, I will only accept players who make the effort to also post in the forum thread. Thanks for your time reading this post.

dm-kevin

Link to Game calendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=2670

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dmkevin; December 19th, 2017 at 20:10.

Kevin,

I am down with this, I will be available for the first session but might have to cut it short by 30ish minutes due to a work thing but the rest of my thursdays at this time are free. Look forward to gaming soon, have not used discord yet, but downloaded client and will familiarize myself with it some more before the first session, cheers!

Adam

DMkevin,

Thanks to a suggestion by adamyaz, I have found a campaign of yours that isn't a year old. I too am interested in your campaign and I'm available on thursdays. School starts for my boys in the next month or so, so this time frame is ideal for me. I have discord and an FG license so I'm ready to go!

Thanks for your consideration,

Mats

Edit: Mabye I'm lost, but I can't find the game on the calaldar..?
    Last edited by Mats-Fu; August 1st, 2017 at 04:04. Reason: Adding text

I'm trying to post some information about myself in the link provided from the game calendar...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...newthread&f=40

However, I don't think I'm getting my info to the correct place. Is there someone who can offer a bit of guidance?

Hi Matt,

The game calendar is:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=2670

My fault, I pasted the blank location originally and cannot amend it.

dmkevin

DM-Kevin - Current campaign running: D&D 5.0 Tomb of Annihilation -

Please note we are starting at level 7 now.

For additional notes and options look at my discord page at:

https://discord.gg/XBRUhx

Quote Originally Posted by dmkevin View Post
    That's not accessible for people who aren't already accepted to the game. I'm guessing the entry is set to "Private" or "Not Accepting Players" which both mean people who aren't accepted or invited can't view or access it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

says my discord invite expired for this campaign...can you shoot me another one?

I'm interested in this, both Calander and discord invites have expired or are private.

I'm also BST and plan to make a dwarf paladin or a halfing barbarian. Cheers

Looking for three new players!!!

We're looking for three new pirates to sign on to join the crew of the Devil's Mistress and sign the required Articles of Agreement.

You and a few of your fellow crew (the other player characters) voluntarily chose years ago to belong to the “Joint Order of Privateers”, a tight-knit society that was jointly established and funded by nobles and the governments of Waterdeep and Sembia to stem the swift growing financial power of Amn, to stop the tyranny taking place in Amn's far flung colonial empire-building in Maztica , Calimshan, and its' colonial ports in the Moonshaes and Chult.

See https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2670

Thread Information