5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Yep, I learned the hard way to be patient when exiting. So far, FG has been remarkably stable considering everything it does. I have noticed a general slow down since upgrading the Mac, however, which I think is more of an Apple issue. Images and modules seem to take a bit longer to load for players.

Blog Entries
    Well, even before this; https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a8121906.html
    I was suspicion that similar behavior is done on their Macs. No proof of that though. Maybe it's just O/S bloat, after all, Windows seems to bloat each update too.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Coming back to this thread after several months with a simple solution for those who have experienced the same slow-shutdown problem on a Mac. Close all unnecessary modules, especially the DMG, Monster Manuel, ect. If you don't absolutely need it open while playing, close it.

For those still learning their way around Fantasy Grounds, that means: click the library button, then click `modules' on the next window, click `all' on the next window and then click `unload' on anything you don't need.

Slimming down the open modules cut my shutdown time from more than 10 minutes to less than 1.

One final note. I am coming up on my one year anniversary on Fantasy Grounds and I have to say it's the best gaming investment I've made since I bought my original D&D books way back in the early 1980s. Thanks, guys, for keeping FG going!

Glad you’ve reduced he time it takes to cleanly exit FG. How much memory do you have on your Mac?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information