DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Problem quitting Fantasy Grounds after updating

In the last couple of days I updated my Mac to OS 10.13.2 because of the hype about meltdown and spectre. I also got an update notification from Fantasy Grounds and so updated the program to version 3.3.3. Now I can't seem to quit Fantasy Grounds by right clicking and using the exit program mode. I often use that function to get back to the FG launcher. Quitting the FG program any other way (like using the dropdown menu) seems to generate errors and cause backup copies of my campaign to be generated.

Anybody else noticed this problem? Any FG technical experts able to tell me whether I have anything to worry about?

I'm relatively new to FG and am enjoying it immensely. Now that I've gotten over much of the steep learning curve, I'm worried about technical glitches eating my campaign.

Old Man Dice

Blog Entries
    Do right-clicks work for you anywhere within the ruleset or does it still display like normal and just not take you back to the Launch screen?

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Do right-clicks work for you anywhere within the ruleset or does it still display like normal and just not take you back to the Launch screen?
    I'm brand new to Fantasy Grounds, and D&D in general, but I also have this problem. I can right click and choose the exit options just fine, but once I do, it takes me to the loading screen with the map background and never returns to the launcher, just stays on the loading page. (As an aside, I'm loving the program!)

I'm also using Mac OS 10.13.2 and FG version 3.3.3
    Last edited by DocBad; January 13th, 2018 at 19:41. Reason: More info

My apologies for the delayed response. I can right click to try to return to the Launch screen, but it takes longer than 5 minutes to get there (rough estimate based on walking away from the computer) Most of the time I just use `Forceful Quit' from the drop down menu.

Second problem: Not sure if its related, but since this issue popped up, I have had two characters partially disappear from a map during combat. Happened to one NPC and one PC. The PC/NPC remains in the combat tracker and can be targeted by CTL Click, but cannot be targeted on the map. The token disappears from the map, but a shaded square still remains in the last location.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Guys, welcome to the forum, and I'm sure someone will be along to help soon. Old Man Dice, you need to tell us what ruleset you are working in on your new problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Dice View Post
    Second problem: Not sure if its related, but since this issue popped up, I have had two characters partially disappear from a map during combat. Happened to one NPC and one PC. The PC/NPC remains in the combat tracker and can be targeted by CTL Click, but cannot be targeted on the map. The token disappears from the map, but a shaded square still remains in the last location.
    Are you using the enhanced images layer extension?

Please provide a screenshot showing the shaded tokens on the map and the entries on the combat tracker.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for responding guys. I'm using 5e with FG version 3.3.3 on a Mac with OS 10.13.2. Unfortunately, I don't have a screen shot of the second problem regarding tokens partly disappearing from the map. I'm running a game again tomorrow, so if the problem reappears, I will try to get a shot of it. I'm not the most tech-savvy guy, but I think I've got the basics down. I don't remember adding an enhanced image layer extension, so I don't think I'm using it.

Old Man Dice

Blog Entries
    I do recall talk in the past of FG taking a while to close on Macs. I don't remember if their was a solution and what it was though. Maybe it had to do with a setting or property of the wine wrapper?

Do be careful, if you do a forceful quit or just close the Wine wrapper window, FG won't have a chance to save the campaign (that's what it is doing when it exits), so make sure you do a manual save (/save in the chat window) before doing that or you might lose your last 5 minutes of play/work.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Note: /save will only save the FG database, other things such as hotkeys, window positions, etc. will not be saved unless you exit FG fully via the desktop right-click menu.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Note: /save will only save the FG database, other things such as hotkeys, window positions, etc. will not be saved unless you exit FG fully via the desktop right-click menu.
    Good to know, lets see if I remember that for more than a day

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information