Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Yes, I use the IF and IFT for things like putting Hex or Hunters Mark on the target then checking for if that condition (or Tag) exists to add the extra damage to the target.

This functionality is exactly what I'm talking about using, but it could be expanded and made more simple if things like spells/attacks, items, etc. had an editable field to place such tags in.

I understand that adding a field is simple and adding code for all the possibilities is a much larger undertaking, but that's not what I'm suggesting. The code to evaluate is already in the software with the CUSTOM & IF/IFT. It just needs to be expanded to look at the "Tag Field" to search for matching words. Perhaps call the tag field "CUSTOM" to keep in line with already implemented syntax.

For example if I could edit a creatures poison based attack by adding "poison" to the specific attack/abilities "Tag Field" then I could have my IF or IFT statement evaluate for anything that had "poison" as a descriptor in that field.

This could even allow for multiple tags with a comma separator. Then the only other thing needed to be added for expanded use would be logic gates (i.e. AND, OR, XOR, etc.)
    Last edited by Uraence; January 11th, 2018 at 14:29.

Added to the Wish List if anyone wants to vote and/or spread the word.

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/fg2app?ia=115890

Voted

+1 for an upvote, some wonderful ideas floating around here!

Thread Information