5E Character Create Playlist
Page 9 of 59 First ... 789101119 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

This extension is fantastic! I did few test runs and looks so promising!

There is small problem with the extension when it is used in rulesets with dark backgrounds - the font color is overwritten to be black. Image attached. I have hard time working efficiently Image attached.

PS: I am super annoyed that FG does not keep formatting when copy-pasting from one item to another... Should not be that hard!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    This extension is fantastic! I did few test runs and looks so promising!

There is small problem with the extension when it is used in rulesets with dark backgrounds - the font color is overwritten to be black. Image attached. I have hard time working efficiently Image attached.

PS: I am super annoyed that FG does not keep formatting when copy-pasting from one item to another... Should not be that hard!
    That's because I highlight the "sub-chapter" stories and have to have a default color to use when it's NOT a highlight.

Far as I know there is no "getColor()" for stringcontrols so that I can get the current value and then save it as the default.

re: PS: agreed ;(
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

What I have to modify to use brighter colors for the 40k ruleset, which is using dark backgrounds?

For example yellow or something. I don't need to be pretty in the development campaign, but to be visible

What I have to modify to use brighter colors for the 40k ruleset, which is using dark backgrounds?

For example yellow or something. I don't need to be pretty in the development campaign, but to be visible
    I'm heading out for a few hours but when I get back I'll look at it tho it'll have to be after I get the latest AD&D Core posted.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

No sweat, I will work on reference manual for Conan 2d20 then

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I'm heading out for a few hours but when I get back I'll look at it tho it'll have to be after I get the latest AD&D Core posted.
    Moon replied to my question about the getColor and indeed there is no such thing so I won't be able to change that. My suggestion for now is when creating your content, use a non-dark theme so "black" text won't be so hard to see. Fortunately there should be no need to use Author in a game setting (only for prep).

Not saying this issue is dead as there might be another option but right now I'm not going to be able to "fix" the color change.
    ---

Blog Entries
    This has been explained many times before.
    FG has limited support for formatting and for extended characters.
    It strips formatting out to ensure you have clean data.
    It doesnt look at the source of the data.
    There is a wishlist entry for it - vote on it and it will hopefully get to the top of someones priority list in the near future.
    At the moment - whilst it is desirable it hasnt been deemed a higher priority than other things that the devs are working on.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Moon replied to my question about the getColor and indeed there is no such thing so I won't be able to change that. My suggestion for now is when creating your content, use a non-dark theme so "black" text won't be so hard to see. Fortunately there should be no need to use Author in a game setting (only for prep).

Not saying this issue is dead as there might be another option but right now I'm not going to be able to "fix" the color change.
    There is no way to use non-dark theme, the 40k ruleset has fixed one. The content I have can't be moved to different ruleset either, it is locked to the data model. Modifying the theme will be endeavor that might not be needed if there is a way to hard-code font color in your extension (i.e. making it custom for my case only).

So can the colors be hardcoded, instead of trying to get the colors programmatically and doing on-the-spot modification? Sometimes the quick and dirty is enough and that's all I look for.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    This has been explained many times before.
    FG has limited support for formatting and for extended characters.
    I know the font issue with FG, what I expressed is just a rant. I voted for this feature long ago

There is no way to use non-dark theme, the 40k ruleset has fixed one. The content I have can't be moved to different ruleset either, it is locked to the data model. Modifying the theme will be endeavor that might not be needed if there is a way to hard-code font color in your extension (i.e. making it custom for my case only).

So can the colors be hardcoded, instead of trying to get the colors programmatically and doing on-the-spot modification? Sometimes the quick and dirty is enough and that's all I look for.
    If you are familiar with lua I can tell you were to make the changes... Tho I could probably add a option I suppose but trying to try not add those cause Moon said those were "bad"
    ---

Yes, I am fine doing the code change, just tell me where to hack. I confess I am guilty of not yet checking the code, so apologies for that

I presume I have to revert the change that leads to the "update 3.0: added Inline image support, subchapter highlighting in story list.". I don't have the previous version to DIFF, but will find it sooner or later

Thread Information