5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 8 of 59 First ... 6789101858 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

This is a great idea! Now I have to figure out how to use it! I haven't been around for a while, and I'm far behind on all that is FG. Time to do some catching up!
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

Update 3.0
    • Added Inline image support. Any SINGLE image link will be inserted into the reference manual. Author will determine the size of the original image and if it's bigger than 500x500 it will scale it down (and append a (SizexSize) to the image caption). If you click on the image it will load the image in a new window.
    • Subchapter highlighting in story list. Sets the color of the story entry that is checked as a sub-chapter to light purple.

https://i.imgur.com/73xncCu.jpg
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Question?

Does the image link need to be unaltered from a drop? i.e. nothing added or altered to the link text?

I add Image: (to image links)

Example.jpg

and it does not seem to work.

I did some without changing, they seem to work great.

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Question?

Does the image link need to be unaltered from a drop? i.e. nothing added or altered to the link text?

I add Image: (to image links)

Example.jpg

and it does not seem to work.

I did some without changing, they seem to work great.

Madman..
    Hum, the regular expression I use to match the field should be ok with punctuation there. Infact as long as you don't use < it should work.

I'll play around tonight with it and see if I can figure out what's causing that for you. if you can send me the story record with a non-working one to be sure that'd help as well incase I can't replicate.

Edit: Just tested and not seeing the same thing here.

Worked for me.

If you can send me the story entry I'll try and see whats up.
    Last edited by celestian; July 20th, 2018 at 23:30.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I guess it was the bold tags then! as re-dropping the links seems to have fixed it.

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    I guess it was the bold tags then! as re-dropping the links seems to have fixed it.

Madman..
    Ah! yes that would do it... the <b> </b>.

Code:
    local nStart, nEnd = string.find(sNoteText,'<linklist>[^<]+<link class="imagewindow" recordname="[%w%-%p]+">[^<]+</link>[^<]+</linklist>',1);
    That's the code that matches for the image link. I've tried tweaking the bit I highlighted above to [%w%p%s]+ but it doesn't match properly when I do... tho it should.

I did find out that I was using the image.id-XXXXX name instead of the Story text listed so I have tweaked that (caption) for the next rev. I'll experiment with some matching methods and see if I can figure out a way so you can keep using bold. Right now tho it will not match it as image and leave it as a simple link.
    ---

Now with 3.3.6 out, I guess we can freely use this extension?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Now with 3.3.6 out, I guess we can freely use this extension?
    It was useable before v3.3.6; Celestian is just pointing out that it also works in 3.3.6 in the first post.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The way the first sentence in the first post is structured I understand as explicitly working on 3.3.6 But it is fine now, can’t wait to move half of a module to reference manual!
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    The way the first sentence in the first post is structured I understand as explicitly working on 3.3.6 But it is fine now, can’t wait to move half of a module to reference manual!
    You are correct, the CURRENT version works with 3.3.6 only and that was why I pointed it out. Mainly the issue was a function that didn't exist pre-3.3.6 that allowed me to do some of the options to get it integrated into /export.

Yes, should work for ya if you run 3.3.6
    ---

Thread Information