STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 59 First ... 345671555 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

This is what SWEL exported xml looks like:

The reference manual image block is written as placeholder <__image__ type="string">Beasts.jpg</__image__> which I can manually patternmatch-replace to correct format after the export
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root version="3.3" release="4.6|CoreRPG:3">
        <image>
            <beasts>
                <image type="image">
                    <bitmap>Beasts.jpg</bitmap>
                </image>
                <name type="string">Beasts</name>
            </beasts>
        </image>
        <library static="true">
            <mysettingbook>
                <entries>
                    <chapter_00001_mysettingbook>
                        <librarylink type="windowreference">
                            <class>reference_manual</class>
                            <recordname>reference.manual</recordname>
                        </librarylink>
                        <name type="string">My setting book</name>
                    </chapter_00001_mysettingbook>
                </entries>
                <name type="string">My Setting Book</name>
            </mysettingbook>
        </library>
        <reference>
            <manual static="true">
                <chapters>
                    <chapter_00001>
                        <name type="string">Setting</name>
                        <subchapters>
                            <subchapter_00001>
                                <name type="string">The World</name>
                                <refpages>
                                    <refpage_00001>
                                        <blocks>
                                            <block_001>
                                                <__image__ type="string">Beasts.jpg</__image__>
                                                <align type="string">left,right</align>
                                                <blocktype type="string">image</blocktype>
                                                <caption type="string">Beast</caption>
                                                <size type="string">180,271</size>
                                                <text type="formattedtext">
                                                    <p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nullam gravida diam a vulputate feugiat. Duis sit amet viverra elit, et posuere felis. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Aenean aliquet eros id erat consequat, id dictum felis condimentum. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Aliquam porta elementum erat.</p>
                                                    <p>Nunc at gravida tortor. Pellentesque malesuada, lacus quis viverra tincidunt, leo enim condimentum elit, quis posuere lectus arcu id diam. Etiam consectetur eros at leo pellentesque ultricies. Quisque metus massa, fringilla id imperdiet et, rhoncus sit amet risus.</p>
                                                    <p>Mauris aliquam maximus ipsum, ac tincidunt ante lobortis et. Aliquam erat volutpat.</p>
                                                </text>
                                            </block_001>
                                        </blocks>
                                        <keywords type="string">lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur adipiscing elit nullam gravida diam a vulputate feugiat duis viverra et posuere felis pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus netus malesuada fames ac turpis egestas aenean aliquet eros id erat consequat dictum condimentum in hac habitasse platea dictumst aliquam porta elementum nunc at tortor lacus quis tincidunt leo enim lectus arcu etiam ultricies quisque metus massa fringilla imperdiet rhoncus risus mauris maximus ante lobortis volutpat</keywords>
                                        <listlink type="windowreference">
                                            <class>reference_manualtextwide</class>
                                            <recordname>..</recordname>
                                        </listlink>
                                        <name type="string">Beasts</name>
                                    </refpage_00001>
                                </refpages>
                            </subchapter_00001>
                        </subchapters>
                    </chapter_00001>
                </chapters>
            </manual>
        </reference>
    </root>
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    Like I said its impossible to read/write bitmap info. That info will only be read by imagecontrol and written by export function ONLY if the image is in Images/Maps path. You cannot tweak or edit anyhow. In SWEL I build the entire exported XML structure from the scratch during export and setup everything like scan for images and include them into export etc. If you plan to use built-in export functionality you will have hard if not impossible time to do what you want.
    Yeah, based on what you've said and I've seen I'm guessing some of this will require manual intervention... at least the images in the ref folder. I'm pretty sure I can search/replace the story text and replace it with the proper commands to load it as inline ref image as long as I can get the right path (or ask for it in the options).

I really hope when they get FGU out at some point do a review of the api bits we can access. This is the second time I've bumped into issues I can't get around without the user having to do something outside of FG.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Update 1.2:

Added options to strip leading numbers from ref-book entries (used for ordering but removed for text). Remove chapter, sub-chapter or story entry. I strip out chapter/subchapter and LEAVE story entries. Specially when you are using for adventure module with room numbers.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I really like this extension. Has really cut down on my reference manual creation. One neat trick I have learned is I can create the module first that the reference manual is going into and then add links to the story entry before author exports the reference manual. When I then cut it out and add it to the module it already has the links already set and ready to go. This tends to be the longest part of my process and wanted to share what I found.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I really like this extension. Has really cut down on my reference manual creation. One neat trick I have learned is I can create the module first that the reference manual is going into and then add links to the story entry before author exports the reference manual. When I then cut it out and add it to the module it already has the links already set and ready to go. This tends to be the longest part of my process and wanted to share what I found.
    Glad you've found it useful!

The way I've been doing it myself is write the adventure module into FG as story entries organized how I like. Once I'm done I /author and export all the related bits I need in the ref manual (npcs, items, parcels/etc) . Once I've done all that I have most of the ref-manual already completed and just need to sort out images and various other things by hand.
    ---

Update 1.3

Instead of having text in-line in the reference entry it now refers to the encounter.id-XXXXX entry. You must also include "Story" entries on your /author for this to work.

I did this for a couple reasons, one of which is since I'm limited on the what FG allows LUA to do, I need to use /export for images. Because of that I tend to /export and then /author. I then take the /author reference section and apply it to the exported module structure with a added library link to it. This means the text will only appear in the exported module once and if you manually maintain it or need to update a story (not delete/add) then you won't need to re-run /author.

Mostly just to help me on my own projects but might be useful.

Old entry style:
    Code:
    <id-00001>
      <blocks>
        <id-00001>
          <text type="formattedtext">
            <h>1. POOL</h>
            <p>The following encounter should challenge a party of 5-8 characters of 1st or 2nd level. If fewer characters are present, or if 2nd level characters are lacking (one or none), the DM should decrease the number of monsters accordingly, first omitting one of the larger creatures, then the smaller, leaving one large monster at all times. Do not, however, add to the number. If the characters are all 2nd or higher level, convert small monsters to large specimens.</p>
            <p>Roll 1d6; six giant frogs herein surprise intruders on a result of 1-4. These nasty things leap from their lurking places in the tall weeds near the edge of the pool, to a maximum range of 12 &#34;. They attack madly, for they are voraciously hungry at all times.</p>
            <p>If characters are mounted, check to see if the horses panic and throw their riders or plunge into the marsh and become mired. The chance of panic is 90% for most mounts, but only 10% for a warhorse. If panic occurs, the chance of either subsequent occurrence is 50% (check for each, per horse; both may occur to one victim).</p>
            <p>Each of the two larger frogs has a tongue 12 feet long; the smaller tongue is a mere 6 feet. If its prey is more than 5 feet away, a frog uses its tongue to attack (gaining a + 4 &#34;to hit&#34; bonus, but for no damage). Any victim hit by the tongue may attack it, and if successful the frog withdraws it and does not use it thereafter. Otherwise, the victim is pulled in by the tongue. A victim weighing more than the frog is dragged in at half speed, gaining a second attempt to hit the tongue. Each of the small frogs weighs about 100 pounds; each of the larger, 200.</p>
            <p>For added fun, each frog can swallow an elf, halfling, or small human if its &#34;to hit&#34; roll is 20. The victim has three tries to escape if an edged weapon is in hand; a score of 18 or more is required for success (indicating that the frog is slain). After three failures, a swallowed victim dies.</p>
            <p>The largest frog has swallowed an amethyst (worth 100 gp), but the others are penniless.</p>
            <linklist>
              <link class="treasureparcel" recordname="treasureparcels.id-00047">Treasure: Frog Stomach</link>
            </linklist>
            <p>Giant frogs, average size (2): AC 7; HD 2; hp 13, 10; MV 3&#34;//9&#34;; #AT 1; D 1-6; XP 70, 64</p>
            <p>Giant frogs, small (4): AC 7; HD 1; hp 7, 6, 4, 4; MV 3&#34;//9&#34;; #AT 1; D 1-3; XP 29, 28, 26, 26</p>
            <linklist>
              <link class="battle" recordname="battle.id-00049">Encounter: Giant Frogs</link>
            </linklist>
          </text>
        </id-00001>
      </blocks>
      <keywords type="string">Upper Level</keywords>
        <recordname>..</recordname>
      </listlink>
      <name type="string">Upper Level</name>
    </id-00001>
    New entry style:
    Code:
    -----------------------------
    <id-00001>
      <keywords type="string">Upper Level</keywords>
        <recordname>encounter.id-00009</recordname>
      </listlink>
      <name type="string">Upper Level</name>
    </id-00001>
    Last edited by celestian; June 5th, 2018 at 19:31.
    ---

I added the author.ext to my extensions folder, started to make a few chapters to see how it works in the story tab. When I type /author in the chat to bring up the gui, it does nothing. I am not a pro at all of this but excuse me for asking, wth am i doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by KILLGORE View Post
    I added the author.ext to my extensions folder, started to make a few chapters to see how it works in the story tab. When I type /author in the chat to bring up the gui, it does nothing. I am not a pro at all of this but excuse me for asking, wth am i doing wrong?
    You select options you would like and then click the "author" button on the bottom after selecting everything.

It should then prompt for the path/filenames.
    ---

thats what i missed, thanks guys!

Thread Information