DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 59 First ... 234561454 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

THIS FUNCTIONALITY REMOVED for the Sub check box option.

1.0 release, added new <sub> tag to name of Story entry option.

Giving a Story entry a tag with <sub> will cause /author tool to create a new sub-chapter from that entry on.

This means every Category will now be a Chapter.
    Last edited by celestian; June 1st, 2019 at 18:52.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    WOW! How did I miss this. Looks great celestian.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

I agree, Celestian. I would love to see you take this to the level of the SW module creation tools! (and then it should be merged into base)

Blog Entries
    Any closer to the images? Even with links rather than in-line?
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    Any closer to the images? Even with links rather than in-line?
    I definitely want to get inline images working at least. There is an issue with exporting images I might not be able to get around (limits within what FG allows me to do) but I'll see. It might require manual intervention (placing the images in a folder) but I'll see what is what.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I definitely want to get inline images working at least. There is an issue with exporting images I might not be able to get around (limits within what FG allows me to do) but I'll see. It might require manual intervention (placing the images in a folder) but I'll see what is what.
    Inline-images are impossible to do with FG API if you want to use them as "image" type (ie. bitmap). You can, however do it as tokens, but that would cause memory hogs and is not recommended by Smiteworks. In SW Enhanced Library extension I have implemented way to export inline images, you just need to tweak the output xml slightly to make it work.

The issue is that you cannot write <bitmap> information unless you use export images, but images can only be exported under specified "images" path that's defined in ruleset. You could, write placeholder information to xml to represent the bitmap info and find-replace it after export to right format.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    Inline-images are impossible to do with FG API if you want to use them as "image" type (ie. bitmap). You can, however do it as tokens, but that would cause memory hogs and is not recommended by Smiteworks. In SW Enhanced Library extension I have implemented way to export inline images, you just need to tweak the output xml slightly to make it work.

The issue is that you cannot write <bitmap> information unless you use export images, but images can only be exported under specified "images" path that's defined in ruleset. You could, write placeholder information to xml to represent the bitmap info and find-replace it after export to right format.
    My intent was to scan the formattedtext and search/replace linked images with valid inline options. Where the actual images reside I'm unsure of yet but know I will have issues with it.

I'm theorizing right now however since I've not actually dug into this yet.

At minimum I want to have the linked images work as you'd expect in a story... right now they don't because of the images export issue mentioned previously.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    Do you mean using the /export option and selecting images here? I ask because I've been trying to figure out how to get the <bitmap>..</bitmap> from an image node within the author bits and can't seem to do it. It seems odd I can get the image node entry but <bitmap> is missing ... tho I know it's in the entry because db.xml and /export files show it. I'm guessing it's because of this "Copying of image database nodes is not supported. A new image node will be created as an empty drawing with no token, pointer, mask, or drawing data."

Is there some export() function that allows this I just am missing?

It sounds like for this someone would just have to manually place the files into the client.xml directory (or path/file.img, so long as it matches the linked path).

I wish I had seen that copy image node issue before fiddling with this for a couple hours
    ---

Like I said its impossible to read/write bitmap info. That info will only be read by imagecontrol and written by export function ONLY if the image is in Images/Maps path. You cannot tweak or edit anyhow. In SWEL I build the entire exported XML structure from the scratch during export and setup everything like scan for images and include them into export etc. If you plan to use built-in export functionality you will have hard if not impossible time to do what you want.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thread Information