Starfinder Playlist
Page 21 of 59 First ... 11192021222331 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

Quick question,

I can export my module no problem and the reference document comes out fine. When I reload the module I have no Pin links to my encounters on the maps. There are no pins at all.
    I selected export all from the /author menu.
    Does your extension not copy the pin locations to the module?

Thanks.

Booker.

Quote Originally Posted by Booker Grimm View Post
    Quick question,

I can export my module no problem and the reference document comes out fine. When I reload the module I have no Pin links to my encounters on the maps. There are no pins at all.
    I selected export all from the /author menu.
    Does your extension not copy the pin locations to the module?

Thanks.

Booker.
    It does. Infact it exports all the normal features FG runs on export, it just adds the reference manuals.

You'll need to give me a bit more detail on this. Is the map part of the exported module and the pins(encounter/story entries) are also in that module?
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Yeah. I have a map with pins to my encounters. The encounters and reference doc and all else export fine. The only difference is that on loading the exported module into a new campaign the pins are then missing from the map, although the encounters are there. Just the pin links to them are gone.

I am using 5e combat extension and Core Token Helper.

Thanks for the response.

Booker

I think the extensions might be the problem. When I load the original module without extensions the pins are missing there too.

5e combat gives the map three layers so I'm guessing the pins are on a different layer to what is being exported.

Hmmm.

Booker.

Yeah. I have a map with pins to my encounters. The encounters and reference doc and all else export fine. The only difference is that on loading the exported module into a new campaign the pins are then missing from the map, although the encounters are there. Just the pin links to them are gone.

I am using 5e combat extension and Core Token Helper.

Thanks for the response.

Booker
    I've no idea what that extension does but have you tried it w/o anything else?

I have never had this issue so I suspect it could be that or some other fiddly bit that isn't being covered in the discussion. If you still have issues after removing the extension if you zip up the campaign (the one you are exporting) and send it to me and I'll see what happens locally.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

When zipped the module is still nearly 200,000kb. How can I send that to you?

It's a conversion of Hoard of the Dragon Queen from the PDF I have been working on.

Booker.

I've sent you a PM.

Thanks.

When zipped the module is still nearly 200,000kb. How can I send that to you?

It's a conversion of Hoard of the Dragon Queen from the PDF I have been working on.

Booker.
    The maps I looked at don't have pins at all in the campaign you sent me. This is the one you exported right? Which map should have pins? I look at various maps (some labeled with level) for PCs that I expected would have pins. There are none.
    ---

I think it is due to the 5e combat extension. It uses a three layer map. If you load the module without this extension, then it does not show the layer with the map pins. I'll just not use the extension and replace the pins.
    Thanks for looking. Author must not be compatible with 5e combat.

No worries. It works fine when tested without the extension.

Booker.

I think it is due to the 5e combat extension. It uses a three layer map. If you load the module without this extension, then it does not show the layer with the map pins. I'll just not use the extension and replace the pins.
    Thanks for looking. Author must not be compatible with 5e combat.

No worries. It works fine when tested without the extension.

Booker.
    You can try a /export w/o author and see if it works but I suspect it won't for the map pins. CoreRPG only supports a single layer. That will probably change in FGU.
    ---

Thread Information