FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 11 of 59 First ... 91011121321 ... Last

Thread: Project: Author

I've exported after setting my chapters using /author and can see the named mod file in my modules folder (along with my other mods), but when I come to load the mod the file is not there.
    The chat responds that it has exported successfully.

What am I missing?

Using 5e ruleset.

Thanks.

Did you reload FG after you exported the module?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Booker Grimm View Post
    I've exported after setting my chapters using /author and can see the named mod file in my modules folder (along with my other mods), but when I come to load the mod the file is not there.
    The chat responds that it has exported successfully.

What am I missing?

Using 5e ruleset.

Thanks.
    The first time you export (where the module doesn't exist) requires a restart of FG. Once the module exists you can just unload/reload the module to see the changes.

IF that doesn't work if you'll PM me the file (dropbox) or if you're ok posting here I'll take a look at the file and see what is the problem.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Trying my hand at using your extension.

After /author and then restarting and loading my module - the Ref manual is empty.

using 3.3.6

any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

You need to put the story articles in a group.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    You need to put the story articles in a group.
    Valyar is correct. You need to create groups and put the stories in those. The groups are the chapters used for the ref-manual. If there are no groups then there are no chapters thus empty ref-manual.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Valyar sent me a PM reporting an issue he was having with Author exporting. When he exported he noticed that the .mod file contained multiple versions of the same images.

After some back and forth I realized what was happening. It seems every time you place a image link into a story in a method that displays it inline in the reference manual it "adds" the image again to the export.

I can't figure out how/why it's doing this and wondering if it's some part of how FG handles references that is outside of the scope of the extension. I'll try and debug again when I get more time but just as an FYI.
    ---

I currently live in Saint Paul, Minnesota, about four miles from the State Capitol Building.
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Valyar is correct. You need to create groups and put the stories in those. The groups are the chapters used for the ref-manual. If there are no groups then there are no chapters thus empty ref-manual.
    So each chapter needs its own group in the story window? So I'd create a group called "Chapter 1 - Setting", then another group called "Chapter 2 - Races", etc.?
    And Author will sort the groups into chapters when it generates the ref-manual?
    I just downloaded this extension and haven't even done an export yet.
    -Really not such a much

Quote Originally Posted by The_Andinator View Post
    So each chapter needs its own group in the story window? So I'd create a group called "Chapter 1 - Setting", then another group called "Chapter 2 - Races", etc.?
    And Author will sort the groups into chapters when it generates the ref-manual?
    I just downloaded this extension and haven't even done an export yet.
    I would name them "01.Chapter 1 - Setting" and "02.Chapter 2 - Races".... etc That ensures the ordering is as you expect. The XX.Chapter (XX) will be removed within the ref-manual.
    ---

I currently live in Saint Paul, Minnesota, about four miles from the State Capitol Building.
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I would name them "01.Chapter 1 - Setting" and "02.Chapter 2 - Races".... etc That ensures the ordering is as you expect. The XX.Chapter (XX) will be removed within the ref-manual.
    OK! Thanks!
    -Really not such a much

Thread Information