FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The IFT: is not tested when the actor on which the effect is placed is a target itself.
    For effects that are defending the action (e.g. AC for an attack, SAVE for a cast/save action) then the target IFT is reversed and checked against the creature with the IFT effect.

So, in this case, a PC having the IFT: ALIGN (evil); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance effect on them, does give the PC the AC and SAVE effects if an evil creature targets them with the relevant action.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyhunt View Post
    The target can be the attacker, not just the target of an attack? So an effect on a player of bonus AC vs an evil attacker would apply to any evil attacker using the IFT: ALIGN (evil)?
    Yes.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    For effects that are defending the action (e.g. AC for an attack, SAVE for a cast/save action) then the target IFT is reversed and checked against the creature with the IFT effect.

So, in this case, a PC having the IFT: ALIGN (evil); AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance effect on them, does give the PC the AC and SAVE effects if an evil creature targets them with the relevant action.
    Oops, so it does. I had an error in my effect when I tested it
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It took me a while to defrag what how IF/IFT statements worked out, but in a nutshell:

IF(you) is for when the actor themselves meet the condition (blinded, shaken, SIZE: small, etc.)

IFT(arget) is for when outside entities meet the conditions, whether to hit them or about to be hit by them.

So, for instance, upon using Protection of evil on YOURSELF, [IFT: ALIGN (evil); AC 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 bonus] would give YOU +2 to AC and Saves from anyone that's evil attacking you, and if you cast it on someone else, they would get +2 to AC and saves from anything evil attacking it.

If anyone sees any hole in this logic of thinking of IF/IFT effects, please do!

Yes, that's correct.

The only other consideration is that IFT will only work with rolls that are enabled to be targeted (such as attacks, damage, saving throws, etc.)

Regards,
    JPG

So I've had luck with with chaining IFT: tags, but you have to do it separate tests in the chain, so for evil outsider bane the line goes:

IFT: TYPE(outsider); IFT: TYPE (evil); ATK: 2; DMG: 2; DMG: 2d6

The double test seems to work so far, only effecting creature with both the Outsider and Evil types.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BCA View Post
    So I've had luck with with chaining IFT: tags, but you have to do it separate tests in the chain, so for evil outsider bane the line goes:

IFT: TYPE(outsider); IFT: TYPE (evil); ATK: 2; DMG: 2; DMG: 2d6

The double test seems to work so far, only effecting creature with both the Outsider and Evil types.
    Welcome

Thanks for posting, useful to know

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks! Been using the tool for several months now, and have been trolling the forums since then. Finally decided to try and contribute something.

Thanks again for the welcome!

Thread Information