FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Fantasy Grounds and Ultimate Campaign

Wondering what modules/tables, etc. are out there for Ultimate Campaign. I intend to use it heavily in FG and before I go nuts with data entry and making tables, I'd like to see if someone's already done any of the work first. I know some of it is in the SRD so I'm wondering how much has ended up in user created FG content. Googling it comes up with a lot of info about ultimate licenses so I ran into a dead end there. I know some of it is in the SRD so I'm wondering how much has ended up in user created FG content. Thanks!
    Last edited by paladinpariah; January 3rd, 2018 at 10:18.

Paladin, Ultimate Campaign is the entire reason I am writing my Generators extension. To handle that book effectively requires a much more sophisticated tables capability than we have right now. Code for the first release is done and in testing but I am not in business of predicting release date because of the unpredictable nature of my work schedule.
    I haven’t done much work on the content itself though because I need Generators first

Wow that's pretty awesome. What makes the content so complicated? The FG table system seemed pretty robust to me, but I'm an amateur at all this. I'm wondering what the book needs that FG can't do?

You can't roll a table and have that value exported to another table, at least I'm betting that's one of the things that he is refering to.

Yeah I could see how that could mess with things like multi-step background generation.

And nested table calls don’t execute in a reliable order. This is the main issue. Also you need logic in the table process and the ability to reference other table rolls.

As we wait for this awesomeness I have found an Excel spreadsheet that someone has been working on for a very long time that does an amazing job for UC. If you're interested PM me, because I'm not sure what the rules are for posting external to FG content here. As a note, it is /not/ my work, but is available on Paizo's website if you dig enough in the forums.

Philip

Very kind of you but I found the same spreadsheet in my searching. It's pretty epic.

You can share external links to valid RPG material. The thing we don't allow is links to copyright breaking sites/material. It sounds like the spreadsheet on the Paizo forum should be fine - it's OGL material, etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information