Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFP, need 2, on Homebrew 5E Sunday in Forgotten Realms, long term

In response to the posting 'Looking for long term 5E Sunday' this is the game I'll be running...

FG License: Unlimited license so anyone can play.
    Game System Preferred: D&D 5e
    Time Zone: Pacific Time (GMT -8)
    Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Sunday afternoon at 2:00 - 6:00 pm PST. Weekly. PLEASE BE SURE YOU CAN CONSISTENTLY MAKE THE GAME SLOT. I understand that real life gets in the way on occasion.
    Start Date: 1/28/2018
    Term: Long term campaign. Can't give much more without spoiling the game.
    Voice: Voice only using Discord.
    Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
    Number of players: Max of 6. Have 4 players, need 2 more. There is one female player already so others are welcome and won’t be the only one. PM about yourself.
    Character starting level & equipment: 1st level & either buy with gold or take default from class. Some might depend on back story.
    Character restrictions: Any race or class from Wizards of the Coast publications, but races from Volo's Guide will need to be discussed. There are a few home brew classes that are possibles for players coming in after 3rd level. A few classes from the Player's Handbook are offered with house rule options for certain archetypes. Yes, flying races are OK!
    Variant Rules: Healer's Kit Dependency, some house rules available to PHB archetypes but not mandatory.
    Game System Experience: Have DM'd with Empire of the Petal Throne, Runequest, Shadowrun, Gurps, AFMBE, D&D 4th and now D&D 5e for the last 4 years.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: Have five (5) years with FG, three of those as DM.

"A new life awaits you in the far eastern lands. The chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure...
    Take a sea voyage through the mystical land of fate, the honorable land of the Caliph of Zakhara...
    Then beyond to the golden lands of the east...
    Find your destiny in a mysterious land filled with golden opportunities of wealth, fame and honor!

Inquire at the Baldur's Mercantile League Port Office.
    "

Calendar Link: Waves of Destiny

Scenerio: The players have been selected or assigned by duty or force to take a voyage aboard the Blue Dolphin. This is to be a long voyage to the strange land to the east out of Baldur's Gate port. In the past there have been several attempts at a trade route overland, but time and difficulty along the way proved it to be an unprofitable endeavor.
    The Blue Dolphin is a new type of ship which was been built for the long voyage around the southern route and the crew is duty bound for the complete trip to the final destination. It was advertised as a plan to establish a merchant trade route by sea to the far East which will prove faster and hopefully safer than an overland route. The voyage will encompass the first few sessions at least with three stops before reaching your destination.
    All other information will be presented based on your choice of class and race and the back story.

NOTE 1: Your characters likes/dislikes, goals, fears etc. should be played out. I do voices and personalities for the NPC's, enemy and friendly as much as I'm able. I'm not a 'Matt Mercer' but like the way critical role plays the game as far as the characters being fleshed out. I will not force anyone to be more in character than they are comfortable with, but realize, you are in a roleplaying game, not World of Warcraft (which I like to play in character also).

NOTE 2: I use top down images for the map and I make almost all my own maps. You are welcome to choose your own portrait for your own created character or I have many. There will be many tokens available for top down to choose from. If the players prefer to use portraits for the map we'll go that way by majority vote. NPC's will be top down tokens though.

NOTE 3: I also don't want evil characters. The group can be any other alignment. I find evil alignment leaves open to characters having the option to be sadistic. I don't want players to feel they can commit torture, rape or any other deviant sadistic act for the sake of doing it. Interogating the enemy will obviously have some torture possibly involved. But within reason. Along the same lines, conflict between characters should be about different views, not because a rogue feels he must steal from everyone all the time or that one character is trying to kill another just because he's suppose to hate the race. You have aggreed to work together so bickering is understood, PC vs PC quests or combat is not. I would like foul language to be at a minimum and please don't use the Lord's name in vain. I know people slip, but I will remind you so don't take it personal.

About me: I have been role playing since Empire of the Petal Throne was released. My form of being a DM is that my players have fun. I'm a neutral mediator of the challenges and world presented to you. I DO NOT play against my players nor will ever be displeased that you NPCs. I might complain to myself if it is too easy for you.
    I try to use voices for characters and will require some down time to be played out. I want the players to play their character more than just his/her abilities, hence the purpose of the back story and what the character is like. So when you are in someplace where general relations with neutral or friendly NPCs will be involved you will need to interact with them. So you will have to locate an Apothecary to buy your components, potions or materials for potions.
    Last edited by Ahoggya; April 23rd, 2018 at 20:10.
    Ultimate License

I would be interested in joining you. I am new to FG and 5e. I played a lot of AD&D up to 3.5 when I was younger. Real life and kids got in the way. But I am interested in playing again. I am open to play almost any class to help round out a party, although my preference would be a paladin or fighter.

I would love to talk more about thsi with you in PM or even discord.

Hi Ahoggya,

I'd be interested in joining you guys -- sounds intriguing. I've been playing D&D 5E for a year or so on fantasy grounds. I'm an older, family oriented guy who likes to be part of a cooperative group of players working towards a common goal. I'll pm you with more info/questions.

Ahoggya,

Just PM'd you an application, sounds like a lot of fun and would love to join you guys on the 28th.

Is there still any avaliable spots for this game i would very much like to play the only thing is with your time slot i would only be able to play every second week as i work shift work the other weeks i noticed it said that you play every week just checking if you were still doing that or possibly playing bi weekly

Very interested if there is still room. Time slot and date work perfect for me. Long term veteran of RPGs. Hope you consider me, thanks!

Hello Ahoggya,

I am interested in playing. I PMd you.

davann

Just Letting all know that the group is full. If anything changes I'll contact the other applicants. I have no problem bringing people in during the campaign, just means we'll need to play out more of your backstory.
    Ultimate License

Just a notice to let all the players know to check the calendar for a change in the Voice option.
    Ultimate License

Veeeerrry interested if space opens up, sounds like a blast. Good luck with the game!

Thread Information