FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Creating new settings

Is there a guide somewhere I can't find for how to make a new setting? Skills needed, step by step or the like.

I helped kickstart Flash Gordon and Monster Hunter International, and would love to get my group on FG for it without having to wait on someone else doing the work first... Just afraid I may need skills I don't have to do it if I have to mess too much with the rules files.

Any points in the right direction are appreciated,. And hope you all had a good Christmas 😃

Blog Entries
    Flash Gordon will definitely be done because it's a Pinnacle product. Not sure about MHI though; that publisher would have to license with SmiteWorks. But to just have a playable version for you and your friends you only need to create the edges, hindrances, etc. within the FG interface then export it as a player module so that your players can load them once they connect to your server and maintain their characters. NPCs you'll want to export as a GM module so players can't see those.

it's easy to make settings; buy the PDF of the game you want. Use the NPC creator and then import the maps and such. I've done it multiple times - and still do. Even when I buy a setting I still import/create a ton of my own stuff or things that I've found interesting.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Flash Gordon will definitely be done because it's a Pinnacle product. Not sure about MHI though; that publisher would have to license with SmiteWorks. But to just have a playable version for you and your friends you only need to create the edges, hindrances, etc. within the FG interface then export it as a player module so that your players can load them once they connect to your server and maintain their characters. NPCs you'll want to export as a GM module so players can't see those.
    Is Flash Gordon going to require an additional permission for a Fantasy Ground version since it isn't clear if Pinnacle and Smite Works are going to need an additional license from the owners of Flash Gordon or if that was covered in the deal Pinnacle has with them.. Also, the Cliffhanger and cards for rules are going to require a new which my delay release of it for Fantasy Grounds.

Blog Entries
    Not sure, Doug and James haven't put out the request for a developer yet, but everything Pinnacle does (so far) Pinnacle themselves have (so far) requested a FG version. They don't demand Same Day Release like WotC does, at least, which is nice (for us anyway)

An additional license property could indeed cause problems. I spent well over 200 hours doing a 5E project a few months ago and due to issues with a third licensing party, it looks like no one will ever see it.

I will state that Flash Gordon doesn't interest me regarding playing or GMing it, so I won't be adding it to my queue.

Ok thx for all the answers. I'll give mhi a go as soon as the pdf is released, and hope Flash is picked up sooner rather than later.

Background and changing the way the library/edges/hindrances etc. look is more complex I guess?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David D. View Post
    Background and changing the way the library/edges/hindrances etc. look is more complex I guess?
    Yes, it is called a Theme and is effectively an Extension. It's one of the easier type of extensions to make, but not quick. You can search the forums for "theme" and see how others have created themes for different rulesets.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thx for the info. I'll give it a go

Blog Entries
    Themes aren't necessary to just play the game, though. It's not something I'd spend much effort on until I already had the playable data I needed. Just my two cents.

Blog Entries
    There is an easy way to make a background decal. You can do that in an hour or less. See the tutorial here; https://www.fg-con.com/free-downloads/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information