DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Harrow Deck

Harrow Deck

If I wanted to use the new Harrow Deck extension in my 5e campaign, would it work within that system as well? Or is it exclusively for PF/3e?

--Prof.Dogg

You could use it with 5e also. There is the Tarokka deck that's part of Curse of Strahd thats virtually the same. It has no rules per say, as you can interpret the cards any way you see fit. The directions explain it better and there are a few videos on yout00b that show how to use it.

Basically, this extension can normally function with any ruleset. However, there is "harrowing" spell in the module, wich drops an error window in other rulesets. Because of this module available for PF only.

I searched the forums and found this post. I'm trying to use the Harrow Deck in a 5e game, but the Harrow Deck extension only is a selectable option in a PF game. I also don't see the extension in the extensions folder to try and edit it to apply to the 5e ruleset. Does anyone know the name of this extension (not sure why I can't find it after just purchasing it).

Quote Originally Posted by paladiusdarkhelm View Post
    I also don't see the extension in the extensions folder to try and edit it to apply to the 5e ruleset. Does anyone know the name of this extension (not sure why I can't find it after just purchasing it).
    Most recently published material, including Paizo products, are encrypted in the vault directory, so you can't access it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That...saddens me. Thanks Trenloe. I'll contact support and have to ask for a refund. When I looked on the forums, it looks like posts indicated one was able to get it to work with the 5e ruleset. THis appears to not be the case.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paladiusdarkhelm View Post
    That...saddens me. Thanks Trenloe. I'll contact support and have to ask for a refund. When I looked on the forums, it looks like posts indicated one was able to get it to work with the 5e ruleset. THis appears to not be the case.
    Did the extension mentioned in post #2 not work?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

From what I can tell the universal extension is just for enabling other modules. If it does also work for extensions though, I don't mind trying it that way.

Thread Information