STAR TREK 2d20

Question about CC3

Is cc3+ enough of an improvement over cc3 as to warrant the $27.95 upgrade?

There are a lot of under the hood improvements - if you do large maps the speed increase in rendering will probably be worth it alone. If you want to get some of the recent add ons then you'll pretty much need CC3+ anyway.

I suppose it all depends. If you hardly use CC3 then it *might* not be worth it. But, some of the speed issues in CC3 that might have annoyed you have been improved in CC3+.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I’d second exactly what Trenloe says. The speed increase exporting a png is wonderful. CC3 would very often crash trying to export even relatively small maps. There are many other improvements to the way things operate but as Trenloe says it depends how often you use it and whether you need or use the add ons.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by doseyclwn View Post
    Is cc3+ enough of an improvement over cc3 as to warrant the $27.95 upgrade?
    I'll add my voice to what the others have said. If you use CC3 with any regularity it's worth it.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    I believe effects and bitmap support is much better in 3+, but I didn't use 3 that much so it could be I just learned that stuff after going to 3+.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

They added also some more effects of things that you need a program like Photoshop to do and other improvements.
    CC3+ also has a new mapping style with it. All the new Annuals an new content will be just for CC3+ so if you are an active user of CC3 you'll want to upgrade. All the older CC3 stuff is getting a compatibility update which is going to be fee. Dioramas Pro which is was for CC2 got a CC3 comparability update is the product that is planned for the next comparability update.
    Crashes are a lot less I noticed when I used it.
    The old Temples accessory is supposed to at some point have a brand new version. This got announced nearly 2 years ago, so no idea on the status of it.
    If you want to upgrade I recommend waiting for a sale if the price is too high.

Thread Information