Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Can't unlock maps? To set mask's or edit content for my campaigns

So is anyone else having issues with map's and images being locked in official 5E content or any other modules? The modules I cant unlock are the Sword coast Adventurer’s Guide ' All the modules for the Yawning portal content' And Xanathar's Guide. All the maps and image's are set to "Readonly" and can't be unlocked. I hope this is not some new copy protection by WOTC as this makes a great deal of the content in these packages worthless? I just started trying to set up a new campaign and I have not really used any of these modules yet. So maybe this was always the case? I also have Tomb of Annihilation and the Tortle pack witch are also fairly new and they don't seem to have the same issue.

swrdCstmap.jpg

Blog Entries
    Welcome Delbrutis
    For faster attention you shoudl post this in the 5E bugs thread and the good Zacchaeus will work out what is what...

The maps in SCAG are not battlemaps and therefore not presented as such. They are there for reference only. None of the battlemaps in any of the TYP modules that I have checked are locked. Can you point me to a map that is locked in any of the modules. There are no maps in Xanathar.

All other images are locked and always have been.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank's for the quick response. I posted here because I suspected this was default behaviour and not a bug feel free to move this to whatever thread you think appropriate.The good news is TYP modules are OK. Fantasy Grounds seem to have added a extra link that didn’t exist in earlier modules.They seem to have images and images&maps. I believe the older modules just had images. So I hope you can forgive my confusion when nothing under images was unlocked when this used to be the default folder for getting maps and such. why two different links have the exact same content locked and unlocked is rather puzzling? But everything works if you use the right link. TmbHrs.png This shows the double standard under the same module in TOH. The reason I was looking quickly through all my new content is I was worried that everything would be locked after trying to use my SCAG maps. SCAG is still broken and they may not be battlemaps but other content certainly presents world and town maps as unlocked and editable/maskable. Example SwrdCst3.png And yeah your right about Zanathar no maps their I was just checking all of my new content after not being able to use my SCAG maps "My bad" Thanks for the help.

The different that you are seeing is between a reference manual and an adventure module. Content in reference material is locked unless a special module has been created such as for the Maps in the DMG. Adventure modules do not have locked content so that the DM can do edit and use the content sensibly. I'll look into creating a map module for SCAG.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

No problem. Thank's for the help. The friendly people on here really tend to make these forums stand out above the rest. Only community I could compare it to would be the KSP forums. And speaking of KSP I am really looking forward to the Unity update. It's been a while Hope it's going well for everybody?
    Thank's again for all the help
    Last edited by Delbrutis; December 12th, 2017 at 06:38. Reason: fix missing for LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The different that you are seeing is between a reference manual and an adventure module. Content in reference material is locked unless a special module has been created such as for the Maps in the DMG. Adventure modules do not have locked content so that the DM can do edit and use the content sensibly. I'll look into creating a map module for SCAG.
    Any progress on this? I too would love to be able to use this map with all it's pins as an overland map for my campaign. It's really dumb that it's locked that way and not flagged as a 'map'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugahst View Post
    Any progress on this? I too would love to be able to use this map with all it's pins as an overland map for my campaign. It's really dumb that it's locked that way and not flagged as a 'map'.
    If I create a separate map module all you will get is the map without any pins. Obviously the pins relate to entries in SCAG and if the map is removed from SCAG then the pins will go too. So if all you want to do (and it is all that the maps in SCAG are useful for anyway) is overland then you can do that now by just sharing it with the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    If I create a separate map module all you will get is the map without any pins. Obviously the pins relate to entries in SCAG and if the map is removed from SCAG then the pins will go too. So if all you want to do (and it is all that the maps in SCAG are useful for anyway) is overland then you can do that now by just sharing it with the players.
    Ahh, I did it manually anyways it didn't take long.
    I got the map off the interwebs - wasn't too hard to find in super high quality - shrunk it a little in photoshop (from 57mb to 10mb) and added a hex grid (the FG hex grid doesn't show up as well), then just dragged and dropped the pins from the locked SCAG map to my custom map. All in all only took about 25 mins to do (maybe less), and now I can add fog of war and all that.

Last edited by Dugahst; December 22nd, 2017 at 11:25.

Nice Dugahst.

Thread Information