STAR TREK 2d20

Ironcrown.com is down...again(an annual affair).

In this day and age, it is sad that the webmaster for ICE just can't seem to have the foresight to pay for their website hosting without the site and forum boards going down every few months to a year(however long they tend to pay for it to be up for at a time).

To me, this is more a statement of commitment level than anything else, but kind of an embarrassment to a company(and especially their fans promoting the gospel that is ROLEMASTER(tm)) with such a storied history as they have.

I am saddened, yet again, for the ICE Management team and offer my services to click a button on the webhosting's company's website that allows for Automatic Renewal in perpetuity - or until they go belly up, if that occurs...not joking, though it may seem tongue in cheek as I try to make light of a very serious situation that occurs with an alarming trend.
    That, or to move their website to another hosing service with just such a button nested within the webhosting company's Accounts page.

From a concerned and avid fan of RM since the late 80s.
    Last edited by Majyk; December 9th, 2017 at 15:30. Reason: Last line added

Blog Entries
    Maybe they are working hard at getting Unified out for 2047.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

What I find amusing about this is that Terry's website has never had such problems. When one lone designer can do it, you'd figure the larger company could figure it out too.

this iswhat happens when you roll a fumble on your wed admin skill roll

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Maybe they are working hard at getting Unified out for 2047.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    this iswhat happens when you roll a fumble on your wed admin skill roll
    This could turn into a roast, quickly.
    We could get professionally paid for this!

Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    What I find amusing about this is that Terry's website has never had such problems. When one lone designer can do it, you'd figure the larger company could figure it out too.
    Well, that is just it.
    I am not formally trained in anything computer related but have, or had, an eidetic memory and love for trial and error ripping things apart and putting them back together and see if I can break something.
    The first thing one can do is flip a toggle to auto-debit a bank account/c card for another 1-3-6-12 or multiple of 12 months for webhosting and/or domain name registration.
    Even without paying ahead of time, a nag email warning can be setup for any email account if one wishes only to pay monthly, even.

Anyway, here's to never seeing this 404 redirection screen in the future history of our beloved RPG game owners!

Majyk IT is hard.

Sometimes clicking a widget or fidget you can get a wrong digit
    Even a Click or Stlich can be a very hard pick.
    But when you confuse you Glox with a box, you really are lost.
    I outsource my ITch, to a really haughty B......

Yup been reading too much Dr Seuss lately to my kids.

Hah, awesome. Welcome back, bro.

Thread Information