DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Ghost tokens

Ghost tokens

Our mid-week 5e group had to take a break for about a month so there were a lot of updates during that time. Somewhere during that time, some "Fantasy Furniture" tokens dropped off the maps of the keep I was using (this may or may not be relevant to my actual problem but mentioning it in case it is). So I reload my furniture tokens before the session.

But then we got into some tactical and when I loaded the PC tokens onto the map, what I didn't realize (bc I couldn't see them) was that the PC tokens from before were still sticking to the map from previously. But as I said, I couldn't see them even being the GM. There was a lot of confusion on the PCs' bc they weren't certain which of the two tokens of their character they could see were the "real" one. There was just one set of the furniture however.

I toggled the map off and on (sharing then not sharing it and then re-sharing it) but the ghost tokens remained (but again I couldn't see them).

What do ya'll think? Anyone else ever have this problem? How do I "exorcise" the invisible ghost tokens (assuming they don't go away by next week's session on their own)?

--Prof.Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Delete all tokens (its an option) and then only add from the CT.
    That makes sense. Of course I'd need to re-reload the funiture... Those are direct drops from the Tokens bags. Think there's an issue off that?

Yes. If you want combat tracker and automation to work properly NEVER EVER DROP PLAYER OR NPC TOKENS FROM ANYWHERE EXCEPT FROM THE COMBAT TRACKER

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Yes. If you want combat tracker and automation to work properly NEVER EVER DROP PLAYER OR NPC TOKENS FROM ANYWHERE EXCEPT FROM THE COMBAT TRACKER
    Crap... that means I need to make NPCs out of all my furniture pieces...

Blog Entries
    NO, no , no.

Cosmetic things like furniture can be dropped straight from the token bag.

Only things that are going to be targeted, such as PC's and NPC's need to be dropped from the combat tracker.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    NO, no , no.

Cosmetic things like furniture can be dropped straight from the token bag.

Only things that are going to be targeted, such as PC's and NPC's need to be dropped from the combat tracker.
    Big sigh of relief here... that was a lot of treasure chests and spellbook shelves...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post
    Big sigh of relief here... that was a lot of treasure chests and spellbook shelves...
    *grin*

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

@ProfDogg - are you using the layers extension (enhanced images)? If you are, make sure you have selected the top layer to see all tokens.

If not, please post a screenshot of a player screen showing the ghost tokens and a screenshot of your screen without. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'd never used that extension before so I just now downloaded it. I can't see any extra tokens going through the layers. I'll get one of my players to log on tomorrow and see if they still them and if they can get a screen shot.

Thread Information