5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Thanks for the fun!

It was interesting to see Savage Worlds system working with three of the five players being relative newbs to SW. It was entertaining watching us work out how to deal with so many enemies, with their use of environmental barriers / cover, and with the perceived time pressure.
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

Where the north begins and pure water flows, eastern time zone USA
    Blog Entries
    3 of 5 players were newbies, but did I mention last night was only the 12th game I have run anywhere ever? Both Savage Worlds rule system and the automation of Fantasy Grounds in the ruleset also makes it one of the easiest for someone like me to pick up and run a halfway decent game. And I like Savage Worlds because nearly anyone can pick it up and be an effective member of the team in the first 30 minutes of the session. Yes they still have a lot to learn, but it doesn't stop them from being effective NOW.
    Also Noir Knights pre-gens are all heroic level, Set Rising are demi-gods, which means new players are also starting with a LOT more to track than a novice level character, and you guys have done wonderfully with that. You all had to dig deep into edges and rely on the telesma to win, and as unfamiliar as it was for all of you, you did an amazing job.
    Though I am sure Miss Bonner plans to have a long talk with that ruizologist and controlling his weather spells to limit damage to her clothes and hair.

Miss Bonner wasn't shy telling me all about the drawbacks to my awesome weather powers in the moment. I did think Hurricane Flannigan was a lot of fun.

Thread Information