DICE PACKS BUNDLE

[5E] Character Sheet Editing - Saving Throws

This is the 5E ruleset that I am (hopefully) modifying into an extension. I have very little coding knowledge, so this is giving me a headache. I've put in more hours than I would like to admit.

As you can see (in image "A") i have my modified Ability Scores in place and working. In my version of 5E, Ability Scores take the place of Saving Throws. I would like to completely eliminate Saving throws (Image "B") and replace them with Ability Scores, balanced four on either side (image "C"). If somone could show me how, or perhaps take this on as a commision, I'd be greatful. Forgive my quickly thrown together photoshop.

saving_throws.jpg

Blog Entries
    What (I think) you are wanting to do there is pretty straight forward as far as the character sheet goes and very hard in terms of the full mechanical interaction with things like spells, traps and special monster abilities/actions.
    At the very least - do it the other way and get rid of Ability Checks and keep Saving Throws...

Hmmm...I see, thank you. A lot more trouble than it is worth. I'd be better off using MoreCore, I guess.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by unnatural 20 View Post
    Hmmm...I see, thank you. A lot more trouble than it is worth. I'd be better off using MoreCore, I guess.
    I dunno. Obviously Im a fan of MoreCore but 5e has waaaaay more functionality.
    You could look at just keeping the Saves but changing the XML/LUA so it shows the scores but rolls what you want.
    Hiding and moving the elements is not that hard.

Id love to keep the majority of 5E rules, while changing these things:

5 classes only: Barbarian, Bard, Fighter, Rogue & Magic User. (Easy)

12th Level Maximum eliminates the most powerful magic and keeps the mightiest monsters scary. (Easy)

Roll equal or under attribute (with modifiers) to resolve uncertain actions, making every attribute point matter. (Easy, I think. Shouldn't need to code, just let player's roll raw.)

Willpower and Perception attributes replace the Wisdom attribute. (Easy)

Skills provide access to a Level based Reroll Pool. (No idea, potentially difficult.)

Diminishing (can be tracked manually, I think) Luck (I have it on character sheet as 8th attribute) attribute that replaces saving throws, and powers some martial exploits. (Moderate)

Minor, Major and Rescue Exploits (on top of damage, not in lieu) provide creative combat options and moments of greatness. (I think this should be easy to moderate)

Dangerous Combat: dropping to zero hit points is serious – Cure spells work more slowly (1d3 minutes) on subjects reduced to zero hit points. Long-term Injuries & Setbacks trigger at zero hit points (assuming the adventurer isn’t dead). Players test to see if a downed adventurer is dead only after combat has ended. (I think I need to learn how to code..)

SOURCE

This is just me dinking around for the hell of it. I have plenty of Fantasy Grounds goodness to keep me going for a long time.

I will look into it. Thank you for that and your other advice.

Thread Information