STAR TREK 2d20

LFP 1 Player Monday Game ET 7:30-11:30 5E Tyranny of Dragons

In an audacious bid for power the Cult of the Dragon, along with its dragon allies and the Red Wizards of Thay, seek to bring Tiamat from her prison in the Nine Hells to Faerun. To this end, they are sweeping from town to town, laying waste to all those who oppose them and gathering a hoard of riches for their dread queen. The threat of annihilation has become so dire that groups as disparate as the Harpers and Zhentarim are banding together in the fight against the cult. Never before has the need for heroes been so desperate.

FG License: Ultimate
    Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
    Time: Monday, 7:30
    Voice: We will be using a Discord channel. I will send a link once you're in the game

Greetings all, my name is Qyboor and I am currently in the midst of running a Tyranny of Dragons campaign. Unfortunately one of our players had to leave the game do to life issues and I'm looking for someone to take his place.

In this game I am looking to have about a 50/50 split between role-playing and combat. As stated above, your goal is to stop the Cult of the Dragon from bringing Tiamat into the world. It will be up to you to determine why you are going after the Cult of the Dragon. Is it for revenge, fame, or the sake of the realm? It will be yours to determine!

With that said, I will be requiring a few things from those who are interested in joining. First, I would like a description of yourself as a player. Why are you interested in playing this game, what are you like as a player, favorite moments in gaming, stuff that will sell yourself and really add to the party we already have. Second, I wish for you to come up with a character backstory. Now I don't expect you to have pages for this character, but have an idea of how they will play and what their personality type will be like. I would like for you to create a personality and backstory idea first, then build the characters stats. If you somehow create a character that is obviously struggling, I don't have an issue with buffing him/her up to a level where you can manage. While creating an interesting backstory can be time consuming, the better and more interesting it is, the more likely I will take it and add it into the campaign.

You will be starting the campaign at level 3. The players have already completed the first two chapters of the campaign, and are about half way through the third. The adventure usually takes players from level 1-15, however with the extra content from backstories and stuff that I think might be interesting you will likely go beyond that. I will be banning the use of Human-Variant classes and the Revanant sub-race. I will also likely not allow you to play as any of the monstrous races found in Volo's Guide to Monsters (in your message to me please put "Hail Tiamat," this is to make certain that you actually read all of this), unless you can come up with a really good reason as to why everyone won't kill you immediately. Evil alignments and Chaotic Neutral alignment are also banned, unless you can come up with a really good backstory that'll facilitate it working. We currently have a Fighter, Barbarian and an Artificer. I don't have an issue with there being double dipping, but I don't want to hear complaining if you guys run into a situation you aren't prepared for because of it. Also keep in mind that I reserve the right to determine what is and isn't allowed in the future.

If anyone has any questions or are interested in joining the game please PM me and I'll answer to the best of my abilities. I look forward to you joining the party!

Thread Information