FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

<GAME(S) ARE FULL> Looking for players - DnD 5E [EST - UTC-4]

I'm an old school player/DM, I've been playing since the original Red Box (1981 or so). I took a break after 2nd Ed., returned in 4th Ed. and currently play 5e. I have a normal group that I DM for and have been playing with for nearly 10 years, but I am looking to start up a new game. I prefer the players for this game be new to D&D (or returning and just starting with 5e) and/or Fantasy Grounds, and hopefully for a group that could turn into a long term gaming group similar to the one I am already running.

With that being said, experienced players are welcome, but keep the above in mind, be willing to help teach the new players and realize the game may run slower than normal as I take time to explain things to the newer players.

I am going to start with Lost Mines of Phandelver utilizing Fantasy Grounds (I have Ultimate License, you only need Demo). I'm itching to try something that may be cool or could be an absolute train wreck in integrating it! I'm going to try to tie-in some of the other pre-made WoTC content into the game (ie: while wondering through the woods, you find a deep chasm in the ground that leads to Yawning Portal - Sunless Citadel).

Recruiting for: 3-4 players for D&D 5e; I have one person interested, looking for the rest of the party.
    Level Start: 1
    Classes/Races: No restrictions (I have nearly all the books), the only thing I ask, no flying! (see role play below)
    Audio: Discord
    Schedule: TBD; based on the best available time/day.
    Start date: TBD
    Style: 60% Roleplay/ 40% Combat - I like when players role play their characters, so have fun with it!!

A note about schedule, I am in the Eastern time zone (Florida), so if we choose a week day game it may need to be between 7pm and 11pm because I have to get up for work at 5am. =/

One last thing to note, I typically stream my games on Twitch, so you will need to be OK with the game play and your voice (no camera needed) being heard on Twitch.

Please PM me with any questions and post below if interested,

By the way, I listed my time in the title incorrectly, with daylight savings, it is currently UTC-5. =/ Sorry.
    Last edited by Zerbious; December 12th, 2017 at 03:50. Reason: ID10T error, it is currently UTC-5 here for Daylight savings!
    Zerbious

Ultimate License Holder (both Classic and Unity) (Currently own almost all D&D 5E books and adventures)
    Owner of several great one-shots (a good entry to FG, just ask if you're new to FG & want to learn by playing)
    Time Zone: U.S. Eastern (GMT -5 (EST) or -4 (EDT); Check Local Listings)

I Stream at twitch.tv/zerbious

Currently DMing: A fairly new group to D&D and BRAND new to FG after they mentioned to me they missed being able to play.

Hi Zerbious i'm interested!

I played AD&D/D&D 3E by the year of 1997/2000, started the transition to 3.5, but stopped as my group/people playing started different paths in life.
    Discovered FG last week, and i'm willing to roleplay again. I'm learning the features of this VTT as the 5E rules, many things are different for that time. Want to roleplay in a longterm game/form a group that lasts.

I have FG Standard version, alongside PHB module.
    I'm on -3UTC (Brazil), kind on summer time, so now its more like -2 UTC.
    Can play mostly by weekend, but can make one day or another in during the week.
    You can look for me in Discord, player Monti.

Thanks in advance.
    Peace

I am having a tough time finding a weekday game so hopefully this works

FG License: standard license with DM manual, PHB, Zanathars and tons of other add ons that my GF has no idea I spent money on
    Time Zone: Central Time Zone.
    Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Available all week nights after 6pm CST

Game System Experience: Lots of experience in 5th E but as a DM with Fantasy Grounds. Want to play more than the one Sunday a week I have

Character Type Preferred: I like support characters not really tanks. Mostly Bard, Druid etc

About me: Im 47 I started playing D&D with the original box set that included a crayon. From there I played through 3.5 and havent played since. I used to always DM. Now I just want to play and have fun. I play a lot of boardgames and video games. All related to RPG's usually. I have been playing a while. Before the internet.

Which 'pillar' is your favorite?: Combat and exploration.

What got you into D&D?:I want to get back into D&D. Have recently bought the 3 core books again and after watching people play on Twitch i said "I want to get into one of those games and have fun again". I got into it at age 11 or so...well because...dungeon delving, exploration and monsters!

Preferred play-style (combat-driven, RP..etc): Mostly exploration and combat, with some mystery solving. I usually like the support role or the rogue role. Not a big up front dude. Loot doesnt interest. Telling my characters story does as I blog a lot. I have a headset and can load up any voice/video software needed my gaming rig is nice. I watch Twitch A LOT so no issue with that.

New player here, very interested in learning. I am a 35 year old male combat vet. I am disabled, so I can handle most times. I have the Ultimate version of FG because I didnt know any better when I decided to try this out. So message me if you think I fit. Oh, yeah, It is gonna say I have owned FG since 2010, I think... I bought it with the intent to play at that time, but the Army had other ideas. So just now getting back into it.

John.

Greetings! I'm quite interested in your game and decided to drop a post and see what happens. I am somewhat experienced with D&D 5E and Fantasy Grounds but am by no means an expert. I have played past editions somewhat ever since AD&D but find 5E to be the funnest and most streamlined the game has ever been and enjoy the way the game flows. My favorite part is the roleplay over the combat even though I do tend to play combat flavored characters like Barbarians and Paladins. I also enjoy playing quirky races like Minotaurs, Bugbears, Kobolds, and such. Something that gives you a lot of meat for roleplay depending on various factors.

Happy to discuss character ideas with you at your earliest convenience if you're interested in me for your game. I do have a class I like from the UA that wasn't printed in Xanthar's I would like to discuss with you to see if it would fly. I really like the flavor of the combination but it's easier to explain it either in voice or private message so as to keep some of my cards close to my chest. So feel free to contact me if you'd like to set up a chit chat on Discord or even in PM. Note I'm EST timezone so the time works out great for me. Thanks for your time reading all of this. I'm happy to keep in touch and hopefully I can join your group/adventuring party.

I don't mind at all if the game is a bit more casual with new players learning as we go along. That's part of the fun bringing new players into the hobby. After all, all of us were newbies at one point and someone likely showed us some patience as we learned about and got into the game. So that's part of the game and part of the fun in my opinion. Even at my age I'm still learning about the game as well in ways... since I rarely go outside my comfort area when I play classes... but have given it a chance and enjoyed myself with Paladins and even recently tried a Warlock. So patience is a virtue.

No issue on the Twitch thing though I'll likely be using a character portrait over using my webcam. Just recently got a real nice headset so that should work out fine.
    Last edited by Dark Beast; December 6th, 2017 at 10:29.

Wouldnt mind givining it a try. I'd prefer a Friday or Sat night

Interested.

Fairly familiar with 5e. Happy to help grow the hobby and watch interested new players gain experience.

I am also on the East coast of the US so in the Eastern time zone. I also am up early, so I have to be offline early if the next day is a weekday.

I can easily play from 7:00 to 9:30. I can start as early as 6pm Eastern without too much fuss. I suggest 9:30pm Eastern end time because it gives a small cushion in case we need a few minutes to go over. I totally understand if a group forms that wants to go later than that... but I want to be honest about my limitations. I've tried to play in groups that go a little later and I just don't tolerate the lack of sleep well enough to justify it and I really hate leaving while the game is still playing... so I won't join a group that is going to go later.

In order of preference... Thursday, Wednesday, Tuesday.

Your broadcasting to Twitch is not a problem.

Here's hoping we can find common ground. If not, good luck with the group!
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

I am interested depending on day and time. I work overseas.

Hi there,

I am a long time player, but new to FG and fairly new to 5E. I too would have to have 11pm EST as a fairly solid end time due to work commitments.

I have Ultimate, and the player's handbook so far, Discord and being broadcast on Twitch are not a problem for me.

Hey there, I have recently come back to D&D and did play a life cleric in a Lost mines of Phandelver, however the group hasn't been able to play since September, and I am itching to continue to play D&D. I am also in the eastern time zone (Toronto, Ontario, Canada Area) and would be up for either during the week or a weekend game (pretty flexabile on my end on when to play).

Now I know i said i have done the lost mines of Phandelver, but I would be a good guy and forget that I played it, just so that I could play some D&D and would be willing to play any type of character that the groups needs. Have no issue with Discord or Twitch.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thread Information