DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    Ok I can see the first error.
    Manually created occupations look like they work ok to me.
    Drag and drop ones are making copies but those copies are not displaying.

For the second issue - there is no fluff text on occupation in the CoC7E rulebook - only in the Investigators Handbook.

coc-occupations.jpg

I can take a look at the drag and drop problem but the second issue (the description and suggested contacts) are fields only detailed in the Investigators Handbook, not in the Keepers Guide included with the ruleset. That is why the module does not include them.

So can anyone tell me how i can find and edit this xml file?

First, if i export, i get a file.mod in my modules map.
    If I change it to file.xml i get a whole bunch of this: 5L1<+"0(*OE{<"LM

So clearly I'm doing it wrong.
    Can anyone tell me?

the mod file is a compressed file, if you change it to a .zip the xml and other files are in there

Quote Originally Posted by KillerRabbit View Post
    So can anyone tell me how i can find and edit this xml file?

First, if i export, i get a file.mod in my modules map.
    If I change it to file.xml i get a whole bunch of this: œ5œL1<+"0(*OE{<"LM™

So clearly I'm doing it wrong.
    Can anyone tell me?
    More details on module files in the Developer Guide in the Wiki, here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...erview#Modules
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Got another question:

If i export my occupations, and edit them; and i load them again in my game; i can than not export them anymore into another file; so if i don't do everything all at once, i will end up with many different modules ?
    Or is there a way to export the occupations that are already have been added to another export ?

If i export my occupations, and edit them; and i load them again in my game; i can than not export them anymore into another file; so if i don't do everything all at once, i will end up with many different modules ?
    Or is there a way to export the occupations that are already have been added to another export ?
    You can only export data that is in a campaign database - not a module opened in that campaign. Keep one (or more) campaigns as "module making" campaigns, where you edit the base data in the campaign and then export to a module for use in your gaming campaigns.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So after i export i place the whole module in the campaign folder and edit it from there?

Sorry i am a total noob in this kind of things but i want to learn

So after i export i place the whole module in the campaign folder and edit it from there?

Sorry i am a total noob in this kind of things but i want to learn
    You export your module from within a campaign. Do all of the data creation that you can do in the FG interface in a "module making" campaign - a campaign you load in FG, then enter data through the FG interface.

If there is anything you need to edit outside of the FG interface, edit the module once it's been exported.

Keep a track of your manual edits so that you can apply them again to any module you export with data updated through the FG campaign interface. This is purely a work around for certain things that can't be fully created/edited in the FG interface (occupations in this case). Unless you're 100% comfortable with editing and maintaining your modules purely in XML (few people are, me not included) then I'd recommend doing all the work you can in a module making campaign, export to a module and then manually do the edits to the XML that you can't do within the FG interface.

Thread Information