FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    I am not interested in horror, so if you want to do that, run with it during Rimne's preferred time. This is why i offered my suggestion as an alternative option and mentioned that Rimne may not be interested since the game I suggested is not a Cthulhu game. As I mentioned, I offered multiple options in order of preference so as to provide built in flexibility. However, horror is absent from my list.

If you go with horror, I'm cool with it. No hard feelings. Everyone should play what they like.
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza0Tyr View Post
    I am not interested in horror, so if you want to do that, run with it during Rimne's preferred time. This is why i offered my suggestion as an alternative option and mentioned that Rimne may not be interested since the game I suggested is not a Cthulhu game. As I mentioned, I offered multiple options in order of preference so as to provide built in flexibility. However, horror is absent from my list.

If you go with horror, I'm cool with it. No hard feelings. Everyone should play what they like.
    No hard feeling at all I'm fine with whatever is easier to find players for be it horror och post-apocalyptic, that being said I think I would have an easier time coming up with good adventures for the post-apocalyptic setting.

Would you (both) have any idea of how the game would transpire? Would you see it as a combat-oriented ruin-exploration thingie abit like Fallout? Or a objective-oriented combat game, like Wasteland? Or a more exploration and rp oriented game like Numenera? Would it be sci-fi, or more alterenative future, or fantasy in a post-apocalyptic world? Would we be using some form of established setting, or just play everything by ear?

I'm just trying to picture what this alternative would look like to see if it would be something I'd be into

Quote Originally Posted by Rimne View Post
    Would you (both) have any idea of how the game would transpire? Would you see it as a combat-oriented ruin-exploration thingie abit like Fallout? Or a objective-oriented combat game, like Wasteland? Or a more exploration and rp oriented game like Numenera? Would it be sci-fi, or more alterenative future, or fantasy in a post-apocalyptic world? Would we be using some form of established setting, or just play everything by ear?

I'm just trying to picture what this alternative would look like to see if it would be something I'd be into
    If we run a Post-Apocalyptic game I would use an established setting, either Hell on Earth, Mutant Zero (Savage Worlds version) or Broken Earth. As to the type of game I like to play it's a mix between Exploration, Adventure, Combat, and RP, the setting is definitely earth with a survivor/exploration take, not so much fantasy as an alternative reality.

Mutant Zero sounds quite interesting, I'd like that. I'd join a Broken Earth campaign aswell.
    I did some Deadlands back when. It was a fun for a little while, but it's not really my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimne View Post
    Mutant Zero sounds quite interesting, I'd like that. I'd join a Broken Earth campaign aswell.
    I did some Deadlands back when. It was a fun for a little while, but it's not really my thing.

I back this 100%. Including supporting Mutant Zero as first choice and including feeling that Deadlands is not really my thing.
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

bump

Hi guys,

I would be interested in joining the game as a player. I am new to SW having played a encounters solo (to get the hang of the rules) and finished reading through 50 Fathoms & Lankhmar City of Thieves this week as I would like to have a go at running one of these settings for a bunch of friends locally. Never used Fantasy Grounds before but I am not worried about being able to pick it up very quickly.

So if you are willing to take have me on your adventure and time-wise it fits my schedule you can count me in.

Weekends is also better for me. Should the game turn into a multi session campaign then I can't guarantee to be available every weekend on the same day/time due to other responsibilities but I can be pretty flexible.

Not fussy when it comes to setting.

Welcome! If you look through the prior posts in the thread you will see that we are currently discussing playing weekly at 14:00 - 17:00 CET on Saturdays. The proposed campaign during that time is the post apocalyptic setting of Mutant Zero. If you can commit to meeting at that time weekly, great! Let us know and we will be happy to have you.

If you don't actually want a regularly scheduled group like that (or can't commit to one due to other responsibilities), don't worry. There are Savage Worlds one shots being offered periodically. For example, this coming Saturday there are two different one shots being offered with Savage Worlds. Keep an eye out and you will be able to find Savage Worlds one shots sprinkled around. This is, by the way, exactly what I have been doing while I try to find a regularly scheduled group. This is why I have high hopes for making this regularly scheduled group work out! Good luck!
    Ram

Ok cool, thanks for the info.

Any chance you could clarify the following?

- Do you have some ideas about how may weeks/months the campaign will run? Having to commit to every Saturday afternoon for half a year is a bit more complicated than for a couple of months

- I am assuming the campaign will start some time in the new year depending on available players.

Cheers!

Thread Information