STAR TREK 2d20

Questions with the Numenera Rule Set

It might be me tired and my mind getting slow, but I am having an issue in creating abilities that can be dragged from a library module to a character sheet. I believe that I have the ability properly created in the library. Here is an example from the reference section of the module..

Code:
    				<distortion>
    					<description type="string">You modify how a willing creature within short range reflects light for one minute. The target rapidly shifts between its normal appearance and a blot of darkness. The target has an asset on Speed defense rolls until the effect wears off. Action to initiate. Erase Memories (3 Intellect points): You reach into the mind of a creature within immediate range and make an Intellect roll. On a success, you erase up to the last five minutes of its memory. Action.</description>
    					<name type="string">Distortion</name>
    					<stat type="string">intellect</stat>
    					<statcost type="number">2</statcost>
    				</distortion>
    To get this called, I am just doing an inline link as follows..

Code:
    					<link class="ability" recordname="reference.abilitiylist.adept.distortion">Distortion (2 Intellect Points)</link>
    I had assumed this would pass the proper things to the ability window, but all it does is create a blank ability page. I think I have it coded correctly, but I am probably missing something obvious, so any help would be appreciated. I am going to bed and hopefully when I wake up my mind won't be as sluggish as it is right now..

Thanks in advance..
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Blog Entries
    Hi Blahness98
    Without checking out the ruleset Id suggest that drag and drop from library was never implemented...
    As there was no license and Moon Wizard has said (something like) he just adds content as and when he needs it was probably not coded.
    There isnt a lot of code to add to make that work...

The <windowlist> control for Abilities doesn't have any <acceptdrop> definition.

Adding:
    Code:
    				 <acceptdrop >
    					<class >ability</class>
    					<field >*</field>
    				</acceptdrop>
    To <list_text name="abilitylist"> in campaign\record_char_actions.xml will allow this to work.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It appears that I wasn't the clearest before. At this time, I am not trying to drag the ability to the character sheet (maybe in the future), I am just trying to get my library module to actually read it as an ability and have an inline link to said ability.

This is what it should look like. I have this coded on a character sheet and took that code an moved it into my library. So this code:

Code:
    				<distortion>
    					<description type="string">You modify how a willing creature within short range reflects light for one minute. The target rapidly shifts between its normal appearance and a blot of darkness. The target has an asset on Speed defense rolls until the effect wears off. Action to initiate. Erase Memories (3 Intellect points): You reach into the mind of a creature within immediate range and make an Intellect roll. On a success, you erase up to the last five minutes of its memory. Action.</description>
    					<name type="string">Distortion</name>
    					<stat type="string">intellect</stat>
    					<statcost type="number">2</statcost>
    				</distortion>
    was taken from the character sheet and placed into a library module.

I attempted to link from the overall description of the ability, as this picture shows

using this code:

Code:
    <link class="ability" recordname="reference.abilitiylist.adept.distortion">Distortion (2 Intellect Points)</link>
    Now, it is supposed to look like this (as taken from the character sheet)

but instead is only pulling a blank sheet like this:

As it stands now, I have all the abilities defined like they should be (using the character sheet as example code) in order to be pulled, but it isn't working like it should be. I am attempting to dig into the Numenera rule set code, but it is all starting to blur together.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

In that case the database reference is not correct. If you're using a module then you'll need to add the module name at the end of the DB reference, e.g. reference.abilitiylist.adept.distortion@My Module Name
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That got it and the spelling error I had didn't help much either. Like I said, the code started to blur together.

Thanks Trenloe!
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Thread Information