5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalfien View Post
    So far what I plan on doing to remedy this is that when I see a roll I don't like, I will turn on the feature for manually rolling it and then do it. The shadows would have been seen for the first roll. The time it takes for me to turn on the feature and flub a roll will look suspicious though. Then I'll have to turn it off because I extremely rarely ever need to use this feature.
    It sounds like you have Show GM Rolls set to Off, so the players only see the die rolls and they don't know if you hit or miss. Even though FG knows and you know. If you want it to be a hit, just roll damage, if you want it to be a miss don't roll damage.

Or maybe it's a combination of setting needed, but I know in the past (before I turned on Show Rolls) that my players never knew if I hit or missed. Or am I mistaken?

HAve you tried starting a second instance to see what they see? (I haven't for this issue).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yes I've started a second instance to test what they see. I do fake a miss some rare times, but to make it a little more fair to the rules I like to sometimes manually add damage and there's quite a bit of damage type text that goes along with that. Using the manual dice entry for damage really has value. I just wish it was quicker to do and toggle on and off. The shadow is a dead give away something was fake, but dragging a damage twice and rolling one then manually entering it the second time is a good practice. This stuff could be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalfien View Post
    This stuff could be better.
    Yep, I agree. The manual dice functionality was only recently added to FG, so it can definitely be refined.

Have you added your request to the wishlist I linked in post #2? This is the main areas that the developers use to brain-storm, and prioritise, new features. When you add it, please provide a link here so others interested in this feature can vote. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Could you share a link to the wishlist you created please? This will allow others reading this thread to vote for it. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Last edited by JohnD; December 7th, 2017 at 01:36. Reason: Added that I voted for this.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Good Day All
    I voted for this too, as I am running my first campaign and the party was getting whopped up on pretty bad due to the RNG being against them and for me
    I shifted to manual rolls, not realizing they did not show a die, and kept the party going by the skin of their teeth
    Luckily nobody seemed to notice that there were no dice rolled on my side for attacks or damage.

Thread Information