STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Manual Dice Entry - Show the shadow

I'd like to see that when a manual dice entry is used that it throws the appropriate shadows of dice in the chat window for the players.

Please add to the FG wishlist here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I think he knows that. He just wants for manual rolls to have an option that the players will see dice shadows. I guess he doesn't want the players to know when he has shifted to fudging?

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    I think he knows that. He just wants for manual rolls to have an option that the players will see dice shadows. I guess he doesn't want the players to know when he has shifted to fudging?
    Makes sense to me. I once had a DM that was so out to get me that he didn't even roll a die before telling me I failed, it would've been nice for the illusion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin Righ View Post
    Makes sense to me. I once had a DM that was so out to get me that he didn't even roll a die before telling me I failed, it would've been nice for the illusion
    You're wrong Erin, you didn't make your intuition check so you only thought he was out to get you!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalfien View Post
    I'd like to see that when a manual dice entry is used that it throws the appropriate shadows of dice in the chat window for the players.
    Great idea. I could have used this last Saturday evening.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Can't you just drop dice on the chat and then ignore the value?

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Can't you just drop dice on the chat and then ignore the value?
    Nope - because with manual dice rolls enabled any dice rolls will appear in the manual dice window.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So far what I plan on doing to remedy this is that when I see a roll I don't like, I will turn on the feature for manually rolling it and then do it. The shadows would have been seen for the first roll. The time it takes for me to turn on the feature and flub a roll will look suspicious though. Then I'll have to turn it off because I extremely rarely ever need to use this feature.

Thread Information