STAR TREK 2d20

Problem with tooltips on string controls?

I cannot get tooltips to work with string controls, although I have not tried using setTooltipText on them yet. When the <tooltip> tag is used in a string control, you don't get the tooltip when you hover over it.

Here is an example in the standard tables record. It declares the label over the dice with a tooltip as follows:

Code:
    			<label_tabletop name="label_showroll">
    				<anchored width="20">
    					<left offset="10" />
    				</anchored>
    				<static textres="table_label_showroll" />
    				<tooltip textres="table_tooltip_showroll" />
    			</label_tabletop>
    That tooltip will not show up when you hover over the label.

If it’s working in other controls, but not yours; there are two things I would check. Check if the tooltip string resource is actually being defined, and make sure that the control is actually at the top of the Z-order (i.e. last defined, or not covered up by other controls).

Regards,
    JPG

MW, that is your control not mine. That is why I picked it. I think something is broken in string control tool tips. That tip doesn’t show even if my extension is turned off.

I thought I was doing something wrong but it isn’t working on straight ruleset either.

As you saw from my post on dragline the tooltip on my dragline is working fine.

Working now. Sorry for the false alarm. Not sure what was going on, but working now.

Thread Information