STAR TREK 2d20
Page 10 of 15 First ... 89101112 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The db.xml file shows UTF-8-BOM encoding when I open it in Notepad++. Change the embedded file encoding to ISO-8859-1 as well as changing the XML tag at the top of the file. If you're using Notepad++ use the "Encoding" menu option.
    So I have done all that. I am using Notpad++. I went to Encoding->Character Sets->Western European->ISO-8859-1 and it still won't work. I also made sure I had the line <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> at the top.

That's all I did to make it work - change the encoding, make a quick edit so that the file can be saved. Close the file and then re-open the db.xml file and see that the encoding hasn't reverted to UTF-8-BOM.

That, and changing the encoding in the top of the XML file, is all that I did to make it work for me. Module attached.

[Removed mod]
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 18th, 2018 at 12:33.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok thanks the one you sent works for me. That's weird I was having trouble.

Sorry to bother you guys again but I have been trying to understand links in the code. I am trying to create a link. Below is an example of a link I used for the weapons on a table.

<link type="windowreference">
    <class>item</class>
    <recordname>library.index.entries.allitems.entries .allweapons.entries.CESTUS@Genesys Player Library</recordname>
    </link>

I tried to apply the same concept to reference a npc stat block in a story class with a test type format and it came up as an empty link. I entered the location of the npc and replaced the class from item to npc.

Am I missing something? How would I do this or is it even possible? Sorry I know some coding but I am afraid I am kinda of learning as I go. Thanks

The best way to get the link format is to drag the record to a story entry - in this case, drag an NPC to a story entry. It will create a link in the story entry. /save the campaign database and then look at the XML within the story entry to get the exact format of the link.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I tried that and all it did was make an entire copy of the npc, rather than making a reference link.

Quote Originally Posted by sevrick View Post
    I tried that and all it did was make an entire copy of the npc, rather than making a reference link.
    Dont drag the NPC link to the story data list. Create a new story entry, call it "Links" or something like that, then drag the NPC into the body of that story entry. It will create a link to the original NPC record. Save the campaign database and then look in that story record for the XML for the link.

While that works my final aim was to get a link in a table. I thought I could do that by simply inserting that code into a table in the code. The link worked however it broke up the table. I was going for how the ruleset is able to have those links on the left column for items in the tables but be able to use it for Talents, Abilities, NPC, etc. I am guessing that would require an alteration to the Ruleset or to make an extension that allows for that functionality. I have learned how to set up a basic extension and am currently trying to reverse engineer what that potion of the ruleset to add that function. Any help in this matter would be useful. Regardless thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by sevrick; October 23rd, 2018 at 14:19.

Links are not supported in formatted text tables, only in lists.

Regards,
    JPG

Quick question. I have been working on a module library and I have to test it often and it is a pain to repackage it up every time I want to test it. Is there a way for FG to read a folder like it does for extensions?

Thread Information