5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Help creating artifact items in FG

Brand new to FG and loving it.
    Converting our 5e campaign from PnP to FG. During our travels an artifact longsword has "come" into existence. I would like to recreate this item in FG, but I am having a difficult time putting it together in a manner that properly affects the player's abilities etc. I tried using the forge, but apparently weapons and wondrous items do not like to combine. Obviously, the artifact is quite complicated - concept was based on the Axe of the Dwarvish Lords artifact from the DMG.
    Is there a streamlined method for creating artifacts or do I just have to build it from scratch?
    Any help/direction would be much appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Hey Gitsome, welcome to the community.

Generally items themselves don't have effects attached to them. And what you do is after the item is added to the character, the player then goes into their actions and sets up the appropriate actions and powers (see Wiki on 5E Effects). That's assuming that the effect/power can be created in FG. Not everything we can imagine can be created as an effect in FG *G*

I would recommend you start by doing things that way, to learn how things "normally" work. Then you can check out this community extension, it might do more of what interests you
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...cs-characters)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

That is amazing!!! Thank you for the assist.
    Still trying to get a hang of all this. Almost as exciting as the first time I cracked the spine on my DMG.

Thank you again.

Blog Entries
    You're welcome. Make sure you check out the stickies in the 5E forums. You''l find sample characters, effects and lots more stuff. Then if/when you do get stuck, don't hesitate to ask (probably in the 5E forums) and the more info and examples you can give the easier it is for people to help

Enjoy your FG adventure!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information