STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

DM LF ~5 Players // Non-standard Play Times // 5e

Warning: There is no set day/time this game will be played on. If you need a set day of the week for your game, this is not it! More details below for everyone else.

EDIT: The group is full up to 6 people at this time. There are also a few people on a wait list in case something opens up. If you wish to add your info in case something opens up, please feel free to let me know.

FG License: DM has Ultimate License, players do not need to own a FG license.
    Game System: D&D 5th Edition

Time Zone: EST
    Day of week and time: Short answer: Each session will be ended with a discussion/vote about our next available play-time. Long Answer: I have shifting days off due to my job, so a set day of the week is not feasible for me. I plan on sessions being every 1 - 2 weeks depending on availability. I'm hoping to have at least 4 out of the 5 players available for any given session. Sessions can range time-wise anywhere from mid-afternoon to late night EST, depending on group availability of course. A set time could be set for sessions if the group had a common availability, but the days must shift by necessity.

Planned start date: Start date will be discussed once all players are available. A session 0 will occur prior to campaign start.
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 2 - 4 hours based on group availability. Sessions will be every 1 to 2 weeks as matching schedules allow.
    Term: Looking for long term. First campaign will be a module adventure, and a home-brew world campaign would be the next step for a steady group.

Text or Voice: Text and Voice both OK. Those who wish to use text must be OK with others speaking.
    Voice software used: Discord for voice, in-game for text

Roleplay & Combat mix: Aiming for 50/50, however can adjust to group style. Not looking to go full 100% one way or the other.
    Number of Players in game & needed: Looking for 5 total players.
    Character starting level & equipment: Characters starting at 1st level. Game will likely be played in a milestone system, but that can be altered if the majority wish.
    Character restrictions: All published official WotC reference books are allowed. For the starting module campaign, I will not be allowing Unearthed Arcana exclusive content or other 3rd party material.

Details of your scenario: I understand that shifting days are not the best scenario for everybody. If that is the case, this may not be the game for you. If you have any further questions about how things will work out I am happy to answer them. I am very open to working with what campaign module we will be playing and I'm very big with group majority votes for things like that. I do not expect everyone to make every session, but I do expect honest attempts to be made to make most sessions. This should hopefully be easier with our end-game discussions to set up a agreeable day/time. If you are unable to make a session, please inform the group as soon as possible. Nobody likes last-minute notifications like that.

Min-Max style players are OK. I do prefer players who like to role-play their characters; If your character has weaknesses or flaws, play to that every once in a while. While I will try to DM to the best of the rules as written, I will take the spirit of the rules into consideration for all rulings. Not all decisions will be to the letter of the guide. I will also alters certain things for flavor purposes - For example, I agree with certain changes Matt Mercer made to Resurrection rules in CR.

New players and old players are both accepted. I would be glad to give basic rules teachings in session 0 to those who need it, as well as throughout our time playing. I don't expect anybody (including myself) to be an expert on all rules even after we've been playing a while. Mistakes will be made, and that's ok.

Other random info you can take into consideration if it matters to you:
    - The DM is a 24 year old American male.
    - I have moderate DMing experience, particularly in 5e.
    - My Fantasy Grounds DMing experience is more modest.
    - DM has port forwarding set up; No 3rd party software should be needed in this regard (i.e. Hamachi)
    - I would like players to have an agreed way of communicating outside of the game such as a group-text or What's-App. At worst case, a Discord chat group.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to drop them down below or PM me. I know there's a lot of technicalities here, so let me know if anything seems unclear. I'll add more info to the original post if questions address something I think should be added.
    Last edited by Jaccep; November 29th, 2017 at 07:30. Reason: Group full

Hello, I would be interested in being a player. I work a rotating shift schedule so most consistent time games did not work out for me. I played and DM'd a bit in a West Marches game but was missing one of the elements I love about Dnd which was a good story line. I'm 33 I've mostly played 5e on fantasy grounds and a little on table top, though I've love dnd since 3rd ed. Looking forward to hearing back, thanks.

I would love to be able to join the game, but I live in Europe, so I may not be able to be in every session. However I will try my hardest to be in all the sessions I can. Also, I'm a totally new player, so I may make mistakes. I'm looking foward to hearing back, but it's ok if I can't join.

Hello, I would be interested in being a player. I work a rotating shift schedule so most consistent time games did not work out for me. I played and DM'd a bit in a West Marches game but was missing one of the elements I love about Dnd which was a good story line. I'm 33 I've mostly played 5e on fantasy grounds and a little on table top, though I've love dnd since 3rd ed. Looking forward to hearing back, thanks.
    Hey,

Feel free to PM me about how your schedule works for your days off. If we have rotating days on opposite sides of the week, they may not ever line up!

Thank you for the interest!

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeGamer92 View Post
    I would love to be able to join the game, but I live in Europe, so I may not be able to be in every session. However I will try my hardest to be in all the sessions I can. Also, I'm a totally new player, so I may make mistakes. I'm looking foward to hearing back, but it's ok if I can't join.
    Hello,

Thank you for the interest! Roughly what time of day would, say, 20:00 EST be for you? And is that around a time that you generally would be avaliable on days that you could play?

I also work a shifting work schedule and also work PM's (3-11) EST. By shifting, I mean I have different days off within a 3-week work schedule, although the specific days off are known. For instance, I have every third weekend off. So I do know in advance which days coming up that I'll be off. I also have certain Mondays, Fridays, Wednesdays and Thursdays (always as a pair) and a Tuesday off every 10 weeks. In addition, such as right now and coming up in the second half of December, I might have extra time available due to vacation time, etc.

All that being said, I would like to join in. I'm a gamer of many types of games (war/strategy, sports, fantasy, both board-based and computer - both as an adjunct to board systems and as self contained programs unto themselves) but my experience with D&D in its original form is both slight and many years ago. I also have never played anything using Fantasy Grounds up to now, having just purchased the program a few days ago.

If you think I'd nonetheless be someone you'd be willing to have in the group, let me know.

Hello! My group just recently fell apart and am looking for a new group to play with! I also have a varying schedule that is never consistent so the idea sounds great to me!

Quote Originally Posted by JulianTheApostate View Post
    I also work a shifting work schedule and also work PM's (3-11) EST. By shifting, I mean I have different days off within a 3-week work schedule, although the specific days off are known. For instance, I have every third weekend off. So I do know in advance which days coming up that I'll be off. I also have certain Mondays, Fridays, Wednesdays and Thursdays (always as a pair) and a Tuesday off every 10 weeks. In addition, such as right now and coming up in the second half of December, I might have extra time available due to vacation time, etc.

All that being said, I would like to join in. I'm a gamer of many types of games (war/strategy, sports, fantasy, both board-based and computer - both as an adjunct to board systems and as self contained programs unto themselves) but my experience with D&D in its original form is both slight and many years ago. I also have never played anything using Fantasy Grounds up to now, having just purchased the program a few days ago.

If you think I'd nonetheless be someone you'd be willing to have in the group, let me know.

Good evening,

I would be happy to accept a player with little FG or D&D experience. These things can be learned pretty easily.

It sounds like you have enough days off here and there that we can probably make things work out just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by claudian View Post
    Hello! My group just recently fell apart and am looking for a new group to play with! I also have a varying schedule that is never consistent so the idea sounds great to me!
    Hello!

How predictable is your varying schedule? Are you told what days you'll be off only shortly before you get them, or do you know well in advanced when you'll be free?

My days off shift week by week but I can map out my full year for the most part.

Yah I always know at least 2 weeks in advance what is happening so generally no surprises. In general when I do work is late evenings.

Thread Information